Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bam Output Mismatch By Contig

I've been looking for something that extracts the %mismatch by contig from a .bam file. (Not unlike the left navigation panel in Tablet does automatically.)

Unfortunately I have been unable to find anything. I can't imagine I'm the first person who has wanted this information.

Does anyone have any ideas/solutions to this problem?

Id rather not try to reinvent the wheel.
    Last edited by crkessen; 06-05-2013, 01:45 PM.

I am unfamiliar with Tablet's display so I may be totally off-base. I presume you are talking about SNPs and not InDels. I am unaware of a program that does what you want. In general depends on where your BAM file came from. Assuming that you already have the comparison then you could look at the CIGAR string and count up the number of mismatches if the program puts those in (character 'X'). However this may take a (simple) custom program. Usually what I do is to use samtools 'mpileup' option piped through bcftools in order to create a VCF file that is summarized. Once again some programming is required to extract information from the VCF file.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. It looks like that is what I'm going to have to do!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 10:49 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
      0 responses