No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iCORN2 corrects PacBio assemblies

We released iCORN2:

iCORN2 was applied to correct several PacBio assemblies (Bacteria / Plasmodium). It requires short read pairs, and iteratively corrects errors, which in PacBio mostly indels.

The current tar ball can be found at
    ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub4/resource...orn2.V0.95.tgz

Happy about (any) feedback!

--Thomas

Sounds good to have an alternative !
    Can you give some estimation how long it takes to correct e.g. one PacBio cell with your program ?

Comment

Icorn2 works on assembled genomes. It is quite powerfull to correct frameshifts that quiver does not correct.
      On a 20MB genome, with three iterations and around 100x Illumina coverage it should take around a day. To correct a 4MB bacteria takes 1h per iteration.

--Thomas

Comment

I was afraid of that reply, since I am currently looking at a genome with ~1G and Illumina reads with 100x coverage
        I might give it at try for the final scaffolds nevertheless. Do you have any experience with data that large for your program ? I am wondering since I discovered that most PacBio tools are actually pretty limited to Bacteria genome sizes..

Comment

Well, it might scale ok. All the components are working fine on large genome, the mapper (SMALT), GATK SNP, and the core icorn should work also. The only thing that won't work would be the checking of the perfect mapping reads. But we could twist the variant calling to be more stringent, so one could skip that.

On another note, now is the assembly coming together? 1G is pretty big for PacBio...

Comment

The assembly is actually a classical Illumina type and PacBio reads are used purely for scaffolding analysis.

I will give it a try next week, THX

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses