Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error using vcf-stats

I am trying to figure out the variant statistics from a vcf file using the command:
    Code:
     ./vcf-stats NA11881roi_variants.vcf
    For which I am getting the following output:

Code:
    The version "4.1" not supported, assuming VCFv4.0
    Expected GT as the first genotype field at chr4:46036725
    Use of uninitialized value $gtype in pattern match (m//) at /N/dc/scratch/bansalr/bowtie2-2.1.0/vcftools_0.1.4a/perl/Vcf.pm line 1060, <__ANONIO__> line 28.
    Use of uninitialized value $gtype in concatenation (.) or string at /N/dc/scratch/bansalr/bowtie2-2.1.0/vcftools_0.1.4a/perl/Vcf.pm line 1060, <__ANONIO__> line 28.
    Could not parse gtype string []

at /N/dc/scratch/bansalr/bowtie2-2.1.0/vcftools_0.1.4a/perl/Vcf.pm line 167, <__ANONIO__> line 28.
            Vcf::throw('Vcf4_0=HASH(0x260f630)', 'Could not parse gtype string []\x{a}') called at /N/dc/scratch/bansalr/bowtie2-2.1.0/vcftools_0.1.4a/perl/Vcf.pm line 1060
            VcfReader::parse_alleles('Vcf4_0=HASH(0x260f630)', 'HASH(0x25221d8)', 'NA11881roi.sorted.bam') called at ./vcf-stats line 83
            main::vcf_stats('HASH(0x2237de8)') called at ./vcf-stats line 9
    Can somebody please help me regarding this? I am new to this field

Thank you!

It looks like the vcftools you are using is of version 0.1.4a. So the first thing i would try is to install the updated version, which is 0.1.11.

Comment

VCFtools error

Originally posted by yl01 View Post
      It looks like the vcftools you are using is of version 0.1.4a. So the first thing i would try is to install the updated version, which is 0.1.11.
      Hi, I have same error when I run vcf-isec even I installed the updated version.

Use of uninitialized value $attr_value in pattern match (m//) at /home/../vcftools_0.1.11/perl/Vcf.pm line 2971, <__ANONIO__> line 6.
      at /home/bliu1/vcftools_0.1.11/perl/Vcf.pm line 2971.

Could you help? thanks

Comment

I've just started using bcftools stats, so I still don't know much, but for me, I get an error when I don't give a bgzip compressed file, could that be your case? You can get the bgzip in the htslib package, after that, you need to index the bgzip file with bcftools index. Do you think that would help?

By the way, just getting a ride on your question, does anyone know where to find the documentation for the bcftools stats output? I've got some weird results that I would like to understand better. I've asked the same question here: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57687

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses