Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cggj
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 5

    #1

    Clusters-reads correlation?

    Hi all,

    I am involved in a sequencing project using Illumina/Solexa and I'm analyzing the data. I'm a little confused because the person who did the sequencing says that they got ~16 million clusters for sequencing, when I analyze the data from the seq file I get ~35 million reads. Does this make sense or is there supposed to be a correlation between the numbers?

    Thank you!
  • kmcarr
    Senior Member
    • May 2008
    • 1181

    #2
    Was the sequencing done paired-end? A paired-end run will produce two reads for each cluster.

    Comment

    • cggj
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 5

      #3
      Yeap, I know that. The thing is that they made a mistake and they made a single-end run in a paired-end flowcell. I don't know if that is the problem...

      Comment

      • minghui
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 7

        #4
        may be,I guess

        Comment

        • bioinfosm
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 483

          #5
          I would guess the first read would sequence out fine for such a case
          --
          bioinfosm

          Comment

          • drio
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 323

            #6
            Originally posted by cggj View Post
            Hi all,

            I am involved in a sequencing project using Illumina/Solexa and I'm analyzing the data. I'm a little confused because the person who did the sequencing says that they got ~16 million clusters for sequencing, when I analyze the data from the seq file I get ~35 million reads. Does this make sense or is there supposed to be a correlation between the numbers?

            Thank you!
            Can you drop here a few lines from the seq file?
            -drd

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Yesterday, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
            0 responses
            7 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            31 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            27 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            47 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...