Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DNAmethylome
    Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 13

    #1

    CONTRA error messages (need urgent help!)

    Hi,

    I am using the tool CONTRA, and getting some error messages as below:
    ---------
    Process Process-1:
    Process Process-2:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 232, in _bootstrap
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 232, in _bootstrap
    self.run()
    self.run()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 88, in run
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 88, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
    File "/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 371, in convertBam
    File "/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 371, in convertBam
    output = subprocess.Popen(args, stdout = iOutFile).wait()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 642, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1234, in _execute_child
    output = subprocess.Popen(args, stdout = iOutFile).wait()
    raise child_exception
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 642, in __init__
    OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
    errread, errwrite)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1234, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
    OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 613, in <module>
    main()
    File "/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 583, in main
    t1 = int(file.readlines(open(folder+"temp.txt"))[0].strip("\n"))
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/test/seqdata/All_Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150728/project_TD_QC_test1_TD/calls/contra/buf/testData/temp.txt'

    ---------------------------------

    Does this seem a python process/subprocess issue? I have also downloaded python version 2.7, but I have got the same error messages.


    Thanks,

    -J
  • DNAmethylome
    Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 13

    #2
    Can anyone help on this?

    Comment

    • GenoMax
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 7142

      #3
      Are you using this with a job scheduler/on a cluster? Is this (/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/test/seqdata/All_Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150728/project_TD_QC_test1_TD/calls/contra/buf/testData/temp.txt) path available on execution node, if it is the latter.

      Comment

      • Zaag
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 112

        #4
        Did you reinstall before trying with python2.7?

        Comment

        • DNAmethylome
          Member
          • Oct 2012
          • 13

          #5
          Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
          Are you using this with a job scheduler/on a cluster? Is this (/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/test/seqdata/All_Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150728/project_TD_QC_test1_TD/calls/contra/buf/testData/temp.txt) path available on execution node, if it is the latter.
          Hi,thanks for the reply.
          I was running this on a cluster (using condor). So, this is the path/file that CONTRA would generate during the run. It seems to me that, because of some issues with either the contra script or with python, that this file was not successfully generated. That's why I got such message, and I am trying to figure out why exactly this file was not generated..

          Comment

          • DNAmethylome
            Member
            • Oct 2012
            • 13

            #6
            Originally posted by Zaag View Post
            Did you reinstall before trying with python2.7?
            Hi, thanks for the input.

            I am currently using python 2.6.6.
            Someone was suggesting these error messages were due to python version issue, and after they switched to python 2.7, the issues were fixed. However, I have tried python 2.7, and I just got the same error messages.......

            Thanks,

            Comment

            • Zaag
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 112

              #7
              Originally posted by DNAmethylome View Post
              Hi, thanks for the input.

              I am currently using python 2.6.6.
              Someone was suggesting these error messages were due to python version issue, and after they switched to python 2.7, the issues were fixed. However, I have tried python 2.7, and I just got the same error messages.......

              Thanks,
              Sorry if you already understood but you need to install contra again with python2.7 for it to work.

              Comment

              • DNAmethylome
                Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 13

                #8
                Originally posted by Zaag View Post
                Sorry if you already understood but you need to install contra again with python2.7 for it to work.
                Hi Zaag, thanks for the input. As you suggested, I just re-installed python2.7.10, and ran contra with python 2.7.10, and I still got similar error messages.

                Command line:
                --------------------------------------
                /home/files/test/bin/Python-2.7.10/python /home/files/test/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py --target /home/files/test/test/scripts/Panels/project/ref_files/panel_target_latest1.bed --test /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_TD/calls/ok.bam --control /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_ND/calls/ok.bam --fasta /usr/local/mrgstorage/refseq/build.hg19.GRCh37.p13/hg19_GRCh37_p13_full.fasta --outFolder /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_ND/calls/contra1
                ----------------------------------------

                Log/Error
                ----------------------------------------
                target : /home/files/test/test/scripts/Panels/project/ref_files/panel_target_latest1.bed
                test : /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_TD/calls/ok.bam
                control : /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_ND/calls/ok.bam
                fasta : /usr/local/mrgstorage/refseq/build.hg19.GRCh37.p13/hg19_GRCh37_p13_full.fasta
                outfolder : /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_ND/calls/contra1
                numBin : [20]
                minreaddepth : 10
                minNBases : 10
                sam : False
                pval : 0.05
                sampleName : No-SampleName
                nomultimapped : False
                plot : False
                bedInput : False
                minExon : 2000
                largeDeletion : False
                removeDups : False
                Creating Output Folder : Done.
                Traceback (most recent call last):
                File "/home/files/test/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 613, in <module>
                main()
                File "/home/files/test/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 558, in main
                get_genome(params.TEST, genomeFile)
                File "/home/files/test/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/scripts/get_chr_length.py", line 31, in get_genome
                raw_header = subprocess.Popen(args, stdout = subprocess.PIPE).communicate()[0]
                File "/home/files/test/bin/Python-2.7.10/Lib/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
                errread, errwrite)
                File "/home/files/test/bin/Python-2.7.10/Lib/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
                raise child_exception
                OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
                ----------------------------------------


                Do you think I was missing something here?...

                Thanks!

                -J

                Comment

                Latest Articles

                Collapse

                • SEQadmin2
                  New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                  by SEQadmin2


                  Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                  We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                  ...
                  Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                • SEQadmin2
                  How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                  by SEQadmin2




                  The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                  This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                  09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                ad_right_rmr

                Collapse

                News

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
                0 responses
                7 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                0 responses
                31 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                0 responses
                26 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                1 response
                46 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post pekgio
                by pekgio
                 
                Working...