Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TaKo
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2017
    • 3

    #1

    Command Line tool or library to work with AB1 files

    Hi All.

    I have zero experience with sequencing or sequencing files, so please excuse if I ask something stupid

    I just learned that colleague of mine needs to regularly do one and the same task - open .ab1 file with Chromas, cut 50 base pairs from the left, save and close it again.
    I wonder if there is any way to automate it.
    Command line tool, Python/R/java/dotnet library, anything like this.
    Any hints?

    I tired to google, but found it problematic to use the results I found, so I hope for advise.

    Thank you anyway for reading.
    Have a good day
  • cliffbeall
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 144

    #2
    There is a EMBOSS program ABIview although that seems to just output fasta format.

    Maybe 4peaks with Applescript? Or is there an applescript-like for PC?

    Comment

    • TaKo
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2017
      • 3

      #3
      Thanks for reply.

      The most discussion in the internet I found talks about converting AB1 to FASTA, looks like it much more common task than editing and saving ab1 itself.

      This 4peaks software is it scriptable?

      Comment

      • Gopo
        Member
        • Nov 2013
        • 41

        #4
        sangerseqR can parse AB1 files. It doesn't have built in functions to cut 50bp, but you could probably cobble something together with Bioconductor.
        This package contains several tools for analyzing Sanger Sequencing data files in R, including reading .scf and .ab1 files, making basecalls and plotting chromatograms.

        Comment

        • TaKo
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2017
          • 3

          #5
          Thanks!
          Cutting is not big deal I guess, but unfortunately I do not see any ABIF writing functionality there.

          But adding abif instead of abi to my queries I found Bio-Trace-ABIF perl package that also might be usefull
          Last edited by TaKo; 02-15-2017, 09:31 AM.

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Yesterday, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          10 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          32 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          27 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          48 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...