Christina - Those enrichment numbers seem a little high to me, so I would keep washing. As for my problem, it seemed to work itself out when I went from 5 copies/bead down to 2 copies/bead during amplicon sequencing (did not do a titration).
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Christina85... I am ABSOLUTELY sure it was the pipettor. I have photos and data to support this is a side-by-side experiment we did. We checked everything before hand as well... pcr plate, thermal cyclers, caps for the pcr plates, etc and we had Roche is 3 times. It wasn't until 454 came in with Roche and made this recommendation - now everything works like a dream. And there is correlations between our SVs and LVs (almost perfect). I can send you data / photos if you want to see them. Email me at [email protected].
Comment
-
One thing I've been doing to increase accuracy (I hope) is perform 2 volume measurements and 2 bead counts for each tube, and then use the averages. Measuring ~1200ul with a pipette is pretty tricky, and I've found that 2 back-to-back measurements, with the same pipette, tip, and user can give differences up to 50ul, and two back-to-back bead counts (using different Accuvettes and different 3ul aliquots) can give differences up to 500,000 beads. Little deviations like these can certainly add up and make troubleshooting difficult, so I'm doing it all in duplicate.
Comment
-
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
0 responses
10 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
Yesterday, 11:14 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
46 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
54 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
Comment