Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mjleaks
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 6

    #1

    gsMapper issues

    I'm having some difficulties with a gsMapper run. Hoping someone might be able to help. It seems to be very slow (it's throwing the "stalled" error message but continues to run based on what I see with "top"). Has been running over the weekend. I know that there can be issues with the software either truly hanging or simply apparently hanging when carrying out a large assembly or mapping or one with more than average repetitiveness, but I'm a bit suspicious in this instance because this run has only 100 reads. I am mapping versus the human genome in addition to a compilation of short bacterial sequences, so the reference sequence set is large, but the number of reads is so small.... Any thoughts anyone has on this would be most welcome. Thanks for having such an excellent forum
  • gaster
    Member
    • May 2009
    • 17

    #2
    This sounds like it has taking too long. I don't know about your specific assembly, but my experience running Mapper off our server and assembling small <1mb genomes is that is very fast-- less than 15 minutes. I think I have seen in some other threads here that it can take much longer, but that long???. I would dig around a bit.

    Are you using more than one reference sequence? Not sure how that would work. Maybe try it with just your smallest reference sequence just to make sure it is working correctly.

    Dunno if that helps but at least you have my solidarity and commiseration.

    Good luck!
    Last edited by gaster; 05-12-2009, 06:14 AM. Reason: mispelling

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    13 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    37 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    28 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    48 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...