No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium Runs

Hi to everybody,

we have a 454-Titanium. We made some runs, but we have never obtained good results.
    With 454-GS-FLX, we have never had problems; major of runs was like expected. With Titanium we obtain poor runs (less reads than expected, strange read length distribution, less raw weels then expected) .

Has someone the same problems ?

Have you just started experiencing these problems? Are you having problems enriching beads as well? What percentage of raw wells are you seeing? Example, how many beads are you loading and how many are registering as raw wells?
    I would talk with your Roche/454 rep and see if they have any information.

Originally posted by pr0t3us View Post
    Hi to everybody,

we have a 454-Titanium. We made some runs, but we have never obtained good results.
    With 454-GS-FLX, we have never had problems; major of runs was like expected. With Titanium we obtain poor runs (less reads than expected, strange read length distribution, less raw weels then expected) .

Has someone the same problems ?

Comment

We're having the same problem. Raw wells are lower by an order of magnitude than what they should be, read length is much lower than it should be it just tapers off, very few quality reads. Our FLX runs have been excellent though and we just ran an FLX after the most recent Ti failure... We're contacting our rep, tech support and everyone else we can get ahold of but... so far Ti has not delivered. at all.

Comment

We just got the new emPCR kits with the mysterious "additive", so hopefully this helps. It is supposed to improve bead quality and we can now start using beads with up to 20% enrichment, much different than the previous 8% recommendation.... When I talk to our Roche tech I'll let you know if we find anything useful.

Best, Matt

Comment

Originally posted by SeqWhiskey View Post
          We just got the new emPCR kits with the mysterious "additive", so hopefully this helps. It is supposed to improve bead quality and we can now start using beads with up to 20% enrichment, much different than the previous 8% recommendation.... When I talk to our Roche tech I'll let you know if we find anything useful.

Best, Matt
          The "additive" should increase your output and read length. It is interesting that some kits have had this problem and others haven't been affected within the same lot numbers. I have not used the additive but have heard good things from other labs. I would be interested in hearing your results.

D

Comment

If your raw wells are lower than expected check these things:
            - equipment used for bead counting after enrichment; new settings required for Ti's smaller beads.
            - enrichment procedure; maybe you're carrying over a large amount null beads to your sequencing run.

Comment

I agree with genomeseeker - if the raw wells are low, this indicates a problem with the final enriched bead count going into the sequencing reaction.

If your read length distribution is strange, consider changing your cpb going into emPCR. This may be an artifact of mixed signals.

Both these problems could be linked - if an improper count was found after enrichment, enrichment % would be miscalculated.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses