No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paired-end reagents

Hello all!
    I'm preparing to embark on my first paired-end journey, and I have a few questions about what I need to have in stock. I'll be using the new protocol that came out for the Jr (March 2012), and it's clear about the Dynal beads and a few other reagents, but without having the paired-end kit in hand, I don't know what is in it!
    Can anybody post the contents of the Paired-end kits? And if you know of anything else I may need to purchase separately, that would be great to know as well!
    Thank you!!
    Anthony

Never mind about the kit contents; they are pretty easy to find at my454.com. Under "Documentation", click on "package inserts". There is a list of everything included.

Comment

Hi Anthony, ordering the reagents can be quite tricky at the start because there are so many different enzymes and kits to buy all sold separately! How did your paired end library go with the new protocol?

Comment

Rachael,
        I think that I have all of the reagents, but I haven't had a chance to begin the process yet. I've been dealing with Rapid libraries for 4 weeks now, and I keep getting 0% enrichment. Once I get these done, I'll move on to the paired-end. Hopefully soon!

Comment

Hi Anthony,

Have you tried FAM florometry or qPCR on your samples? Often that sheds some light on whether it is a sample issue or reagent issue.

We've just completed our first attempt with the new 3Kb paired end library protocol, the size is slightly smaller than expected (about 450bp average) rather than between the recommended 500 - 600bp, so I was wondering if anyone else who has attempted the the protocol had any troubles with the final size of the library.

Using the older 3Kb library protocol we had previously produced many beautiful libraries with great sequencing results. I think we will try making the library again with the new protocol to see if there's any improvement to the size.

I'd be very keen to find out how your PE library goes after making it. Good luck with your rapid libraries!

Comment

Finally got those rapid libraries to work, and now I'm struggling with a few amplicon pools that keep failing to enrich. I'll let you know when I get to the PE library. It may be awhile!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
            0 responses