Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lib-A sequencing directions

Does anyone know whether then beads/primers in the Lib-A emPCR kit are named for the primer on the beads or for the amplification/enrichment/sequencing primers? In other words, are the sequences obtained from the A reagents those from the A direction or the B direction (and vice versa)?

Nevermind. When I got no reply here, I ended up calling GS Support to ask. I'll give their answer here for posterity's sake. The beads and primers are named for the amp/enrichment/seq primers, not what's on the beads. If you use the A reagents only, you'll get sequences from the A primer; likewise for the B reagents.

Comment

Sorry, would have answered but didn't log on yesterday. Answer is correct. We had an early experience where I thought it must be the other way around, but turns out the RA had mixed up two rows of tubes. Got great sequences from wrong end of amplicons and no barcode info . That was back when emPCR kits II and III were replaced by Lib-A.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses