Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enrichment problems

Our customer submitted randomly amplified DNA. Customer said that the dsDNA was synthesized from RNA and DNA. The size of sample is from 100bp over 2.5 kb. I prepared a libray using rapid library preparation method. The libray size was bigger than a library which I prepared using genomic DNA. When I did emPCR but I can't get enough sequencing beads even at 64 cpb. I also try to do emPCR at 4, 12, 24 cpb. I can't get enough sequencing bead. When I did emPCR at 4cpb or 6cpb using a libray of genomic DNA, I got enough sequencing bead.

Do you have any idea about the libray prep. and emPCR? Or does anybody have sequencing experience using randomly amplified DNA?

Hong
    Attached Files

you should try to run the library on a bioanalyzer and see a definite shift by approximately 50-70 base pairs once you have finished your library preparations. It is possible that you have not properly added the adapters and that can easily explain why you are unable to achieve proper titration values.

Comment

Thanks Aniki

I ran the library on bioanalyzer, first. The library was out of range (peak was over upper marker) of DNA sensitive chip and I asked roche support team. They recommened to run argarose gel. They said to go sequencing. But I did not get good result.

If adaptor was not add properly, why?

When I sequenced genomic DNA, I never meet this problem. Just this type of sample (ramdomly amplified cDNA frgments which were evenly distributed from 100 bp to 3 kb) has problem.

Do you have any idea what problem is?

Comment

I have not really encountered this problem before. In theory it should be fine. I suggest you start from stock DNA and try again, this time to be sure to follow up with bioanalyzer runs showing that your DNA has indeed shfted ~70 bp upward. It isn't normal to use 24cpb and not have amplification, UNLESS you simply do not have the adapters. In that case you cannot amplify anything if they are not annealing.

Good luck. Perhaps call Roche once more?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses