Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on High% Dot+Mixed and library cpb

Hi all, I need some advices on my run result from the experts!

Here is the data I got from GS Processer (ran with full amplicon processing pipeline):
    Raw Wells 209258
    KeyPass Wells 201705
    Passed Filter Wells 40695
    Dots 9053
    Mixed 56744
    Short Quality 94829
    Short Primer 3
    Passed filter wells 40695
    % Dot + Mixed 32.62
    %Short 47.02
    %Passed Filter 20.18

Then I reprocess the data using the shot-gun pipeline and got the following data:
    Raw Wells 209491
    KeyPass Wells 200961
    Passed Filter Wells 80071
    Dots 10409
    Mixed 35704
    Short Quality 74172
    Short Primer 0
    Passed filter wells 80071
    % Dot + Mixed 22.95
    %Short 36.91
    %Passed Filter 39.84

The first one is relating to a high number on %Dot + Mixed. Compared to previous runs, the percentages of these two filters have significantly increased (6% to 32%), especially in the "mixed" filter, increased from 4000 to 56000 (full processing) and 35700(shot-gun processing), does it mean that there are too many short DNA fragments per bead as the short % was also high?

Then, I re-looked at the quantification and noticed I did not put my amplicon length into account when calculating the concentration of the library and have overestimated by 3-fold. So my input library has in fact reduced by 3-fold! Will this be the reason of a low number of passed filter wells (40695(full); 80071 (shot-gun))? Usually how much of %enrichment and number of reads will be affected when adjusting the cpd + 3 fold?

However, if my input library cpb has been reduced by 3-fold, theoretically, I would have expected my result generated from an input of 0.3 molecules of library cpb (was using 1cpb to set up my emPCR), however my results seem suggesting I have too much DNA fragments per bead? Can anyone see which part of the procedure may have gone wrong therefore contributing to this result? Many Thanks!!!!!

I have also run a library that was supplied too dilute, (10E8 not 10E9) and experienced high mixed reads. I would have expected better quality sequence. Can anyone explain this?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses