Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalled GS Junior Run

Hello everybody. I am new here, so I apologize if this is posted in the incorrect forum. Please feel free to direct me elsewhere if required.

I have been using the GS Junior platform for 6 months and have encountered my first technical problem. After starting my last sequencing run (only a few hours before I was to leave on vacation!) I got an error messge stating: "Failure Calibrating Flow Rate. Sequencing in Progress." The sequencing run appeared to start as normal and got to cycle 2 where it stalled for 4.5 hours. I ended up aborting the run as I was heading on vacation for 10 days and didn't want to risk breaking the machine. We replaced the tubing on the GS Junior, although I am doubtful that was the issue as only 20 runs have been performed since it was last replaced, and Roche recommends 100 runs is when it should be replaced. Roche installed the new software two weeks ago, and also (apparently) performed a Preventative Maintenance at that time. I have performed one successful run with the new software.

Any ideas what could be happening? I am reluctant to put another sequencing run on until I look into this further as it is an expensive way to learn by trial and error.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses