No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pair-end Key Sequence

Hi everyone!

I am currently testing pair-end library on my GS Jr and I was wondering if I can multiplex one PE library with shotgun ones?

This thread http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...t=pair-end+454 says no but it was almost 2 years ago.

I asked my "Roche guy" and he told me that the key sequence (GACT) was the same but I want to be sure before starting the experiment...
    Last edited by LuLuNe; 01-08-2013, 03:11 AM.

No, do not mix them. Paired-end aka amplicon A kit (LibA) uses tcag key. Would you have used a General Library protocol for the shotgun then both would be using tcag key.

But, still, I bet the software will not identify your mate-pairs.

And, I am not talking about control beads. The software is obviously not able to cope with all kinds of crazy combinations of adapters, MIDs, linkers, keys, control sequences, etc. Bear in mind it is also computationally much more demanding to test all such combinations. In brief, they are likely not tested all together, and won't, ever. Use the rubber gasket to split the PTP device into multiple regions ... (ah, GS Junior). Then I am sorry.

The gact key you mention appears only in RapidLib-based shotgun datasets, not in ampliconA/paired-end data.
    Last edited by martin2; 02-11-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Hi there. The new Paired End Rapid Library Protocol uses the same RL adaptors, or RLMID adaptors, and Lib-L chemistry as the shotgun Rapid Libraries. Thus they'll have the same GACT key as your "Roche guy" said. If you used RLMID adaptors for your PE library and the shotgun one, they could be demultiplexed after. But the thing to think about are the emPCR conditions. I think they are different between PE libraries and shotgun libraries which would make multiplexing them not really appropriate.

Lib-A chemistry is only for bidirectional amplicon sequencing, which is not really paired end.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses