Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mira3 output

Hi I am a first year phd student trying my hand at bioinformatcs. I assembled about 190,000 454 reads with mira3 and I need some help going through the output.

The assembly info file indicated that I have 21,769 contigs. But the result fasta file shows around 24,000 sequences. I am assuming that the fasta sequences with the header name ending in 'c' (for example, >myProject_c1203) indicates a contig that was assembed. What are sequences that have header names ending in 's' or 'lrc' (>myproject_lrc2938).

Does mira3 discard sequences that it thinks is of low quality or too short? I noticed that the number of reads assembled is 119,794 (2508 singlets), whereas the number of reads I fed into mira3 was around 190,000.

I think "c" means a contig, "s" means singleton, and "lrc" is also a contig but where there were problems with repeats. Try Google:

Comment

Hi Damiankao! I would stronlgy recommend signing up for the mira_talk mailing list ([email protected]) as well. The community is very friendly and Mira's author, Bastien Chevreux, answers questions everyday.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses