Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 454 amplicon sequencing - gene family with large number of paralogs

Thanks for your interests. The problem was solved. The paralogs can be treated as known variants, since the 454 amplicon analyzer supports this functionality.

--------------------------
    As requested, I re-posted the question I asked earlier (I didn't save the exact copy, just try my best to rewrite the question):
    I am studying the association of genetic variations within a gene family to certain phenotypes, and is planning to speed up the screening process with 454 amplicon sequencing. But I don't know if I should treat each paralog as a reference sequence or as known variants. The paralogs are highly similar at sequence level, with a few point mutations and small indels.
    Last edited by qiwei; 08-04-2008, 01:13 AM.

Hi Wei,

In the future it would be great if you could leave your post here for others to reference, as someone will undoubtedly have the same question in the future.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses