No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sequencing gene more than 10kb

Hi All..!!!

I am a new member so kindly accept my greetings and best wishes to all. I have a gene fragment of size more than 10kb and is AT Rich. If i start sequencing by the traditional way i have to design many internal primers and it would be a highly time consuming.

Can anyone help me suggesting me with some new technologies(next generation sequencing) available in the market? Southeast asian services would be a better option. Do I need to clone my gene? I guess i need to as I am working on field isolates and should avoid multiple clones. Please suggest

None of the new technologies will be very cost effective for a single 10Kb gene nor are they likely to be quicker than primer walking. Benefits won't really kick in until you are 100kb or bigger.

Comment

Hi.....

Thanks for your advice(krobison). Well, my sequences wont be more than 10-15kb. Anyways, do you know any other strategy other than primer walking for sequencing this kind of fragment? Suggestions from all members are most wellcome. thanks

Comment

The standard old throwback is nested deletions -- digest in from one end with exonuclease, blunt the end, ligate. Pick clones from different digestion times.

Another alternative would be to digest your insert with a frequent cutting enzyme & put those fragments into vectors. Sequence each fragment. Now synthesize primers from near the ends of each fragment; the sequences from these will tell you how the pieces go together.

Primer walking tends to be the favorite because all of the labor is semi-automated; either of the approaches above involve a bunch of additional steps.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          Yesterday, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses