No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPB correction with emPCR format change

Hi there,

It is my understanding that you generally need to adjust the CPB value of the emPCR when going from titration SV format to the production LV format to correct for the greater enrichment % of the latter. Do you all have a rule of thumb value that you use for this decrease (E.g. 0.25 CPB less for LV)?

Thank you!

Hello,

We make up our emulsions for Titanium Lib-L LV kits at the same cpb that yields between 8-10% recovery for the SV titration. This seems to consistently give us good results without having to adjust the end cpb. With the old FLX kits, we used to have to adjust the cpb down, but since the switch to Ti Lib-L, this hasn't really been a problem.

However, we've noticed that with the Lib-A kits, the post-enrichment percent recovery for LV has been all over the place in comparison with the SV titration recoveries. Has anybody else noticed this happening with the Titanium Lib-A kits in particular?

Thanks,

Jen

Comment

Thank you very much for your input, Jen. It must be a lab-specific problem that I tend to see higher enrichments even with the Ti chemistry.

I'm afraid that I can't be much of a help wrt the LV Lib-A kits as all of my amplicon customers have only wanted unidirectional sequencing thus far.

-J

Comment

We have the same with LV, so we tend to use MV or SV.

Don't know about Lib-A kits though, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaag View Post
          We have the same with LV, so we tend to use MV or SV.

Don't know about Lib-A kits though, sorry.
          Thanks for your reply, Zaag. I have also switched over to exclusively SV... it is more laborious but I am willing to sacrifice the time and effort for the gain of reproducibility.

I also do not have much experience with the Lib-A kits as my customer have only requested uni-directional sequencing up to this point.

-J

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses