Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • andylai
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 6

    #1

    Newbler vector trimming issue

    Hi all,

    I put a suspected 3' primer into trimming database fasta file, looks like this
    >trim_vector1
    ACGAGCGGCCA

    But when I running runAssembly with correct -vt path, it still indicate warning message:
    Warning: Suspected 3' primer ACGAGCGGCCA, 52012 exact matches found.

    Newbler would not display warning about others primers that I added in trimming database,
    I am very confusing why Newbler only keep going give warning about this primer.

    Could anyone give an explain? Whether it's a bug. I am using Newbler v2.3
  • flxlex
    Moderator
    • Nov 2008
    • 412

    #2
    Strange. the adapters are still present in the contis?

    Two things come to mind:
    - you can only use the -vt option once, trying multiple -vt's will result in newbler using only one of them (can't remember if it was the first or last file when I did this)
    - check the 454NewblerProgress file to see if newbler reports on having found your input file


    Hope this helps!

    Comment

    • andylai
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 6

      #3
      Thanks for reply. I am not quite sure what do you mean -vt can only use one time. Now I got the out put result.
      I tried to use:
      cat 454AllContigs.fna | grep 'ACGAGCGGCCA'|wc -l

      It get back result around 70. I think that means the adapter sequences still there in the result.

      Comment

      • andylai
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 6

        #4
        If I did not use -vt in the second time, runAssembly can not import the primerdatabase for removing primers.

        Comment

        • flxlex
          Moderator
          • Nov 2008
          • 412

          #5
          Originally posted by andylai View Post
          Thanks for reply. I am not quite sure what do you mean -vt can only use one time.
          I mean something like this:

          runAssembly -o name -vt primers1.fasta -vt primers2.fasta *.sff

          In this case, either the first or second file will be used, but not both.

          Comment

          • zhengz
            Member
            • Aug 2010
            • 24

            #6
            Hi andylai,

            Have you solved this problem? The problem seems to persist in v2.6.

            Comment

            • kopardev
              Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 19

              #7
              I encountered the same problem recently. The only way around was to trim the 3' adapter from the sff file using biopython and use the new trimmed sff file for assembly. This worked perfectly.

              Comment

              • vamosia
                Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 15

                #8
                You'll need to combined all the primer into one file. i.e

                cat primers1.fasta primers2.fasta > primers.fasta

                then used the combined primer file

                runAssembly -o name -vt primers.fasta *.sff

                my suspicious is newbler is only accepting on of -vt options but not both.

                Comment

                Latest Articles

                Collapse

                • SEQadmin2
                  New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                  by SEQadmin2


                  Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                  We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                  ...
                  Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                • SEQadmin2
                  How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                  by SEQadmin2




                  The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                  This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                  09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                ad_right_rmr

                Collapse

                News

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
                0 responses
                4 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                0 responses
                31 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                0 responses
                26 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                1 response
                46 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post pekgio
                by pekgio
                 
                Working...