Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • thedamian
    replied
    Yes, I've already realised how to do this. Another option is to use Picard's AddOrReplaceReadGropus.jar.
    Code:
    java -jar AddOrReplaceReadGroups I=my.bam O=myGr.bam LB=whatever PL=illumina PU=whatever SM=whatever
    Of course prior using AddOrReplaceReadGroups your .sam file needs to pass Picard's validation (ValidateSamFile.jar)

    Leave a comment:


  • colinmolter
    replied
    hi the damian,
    when creating your sam file, you have to add read group header.
    this should work:

    bwa samse -r @RG\tID:IDa\tSM:SM\tPL:Illumina ref.fa my.sai my.fastq > my.sam
    bests

    colin

    Leave a comment:


  • thedamian
    replied
    Hi, I have the same problem as Hiroki.

    I made a sam file using command:
    Code:
    bwa samse ref.fa my.sai my.fastq > my.sam
    then, I have creaded .bam file:
    Code:
    samtools view -bS my.sam > my.bam
    next, I have sorted my.bam file:
    Code:
    samtools sort my.bam my_sorted
    Using GATK, I need to put a .bam file as an input.
    According to the instructions from http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsa/wi...s_for_the_GATK I have used Picard's ReordereSam, to reorder reads:
    Code:
    java -jar ReordereSam.jar I=/path/my_sorted.bam O=/path/my_reordered.bam R=/path/ref.fa
    Trying i.e.
    Code:
    java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T DepthOfCoverage -R /paht/ref.fa -I /path/aln_reordered.bam
    an error is returned:
    HTML Code:
    ##### ERROR MESSAGE: SAM/BAM file /path/my_reordered.bam is malformed: SAM file doesn't have any read groups defined in the header.  The GATK no longer supports SAM files without read groups
    I have tried Picards AddOrReplaceReadGroups.jar and ReplaceSamHeader.jar but it didn't help me.

    Any suggestions how to bulid proper .bam file for GATK?
    thx

    Leave a comment:


  • desaila
    replied
    I've run into similar issues using GATK for bam files, and Picard. The option that always has helped me when I knew hte BAM file was "ok,"

    java [args to jvm] GATK.jar [GAKT opts] VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=SILENT

    Leave a comment:


  • Hiroki
    replied
    Thanks ulz_peter!

    I was told to use Picard from another guy.
    Now I'm trying it.

    Thank you so much anyways!

    Leave a comment:


  • ulz_peter
    replied
    you could easily change the header using samtools, but that won't solve the problem as the readgroup is necessary in each alignment section as well.
    You could have a look in the AddOrReplaceReadGroup Utility of Picard:
    http://picard.sourceforge.net/comman...laceReadGroups

    I don't know if that changes the header as well but if not have a look here:
    http://picard.sourceforge.net/comman...placeSamHeader

    Leave a comment:


  • Hiroki
    started a topic Changing header of BAM

    Changing header of BAM

    Hello,

    I apologize if my question is redundant....

    I created bam files from fastq files by ELAND_standalone and tried to feed them to GATK. Then I got the following error message.
    ##### ERROR MESSAGE: SAM/BAM file reanalysis.bam is malformed: SAM file doesn't have any read groups defined in the header. The GATK no longer supports SAM files without read groups
    ##### ERROR -

    How can I change the header? Samtools?

    Thank you very much.

    Hiroki

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 11:14 AM
0 responses
10 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
0 responses
46 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
54 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Working...