No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECO
    replied
    Yup. In this thread when they were posted initially, I received a very nice email from their Senior Patent Counsel. Post#4 in that thread has the statement ILMN asked me to include with the takedown.

I hadn't seen that release above...the original posting did have that copyright attached as I remember.

Leave a comment:

• ScottC
    replied
    Originally posted by NextGenSeq View Post
    You have to ask Illumina for them. I posted a pdf of them but Illumina made this site take them down.
    Originally posted by ECO View Post
    Hi guys/ScottC,
    NextGenSeq is correct, ILMN does not want the TruSeq adapter sequences published here.
    Apologies...
    Really? You were actually told by Illumina to remove them? Why would they care? It was sent to me out of the blue by Illumina staff, I didn't request it. They told me to feel free to distribute it.

You're certainly allowed to publish 'individual sequences'...

"For individual sequences contained in this letter, lllumina grants you permission to distribute them outside your institution, or publish individual sequences in presentations, manuscripts, or publications authored by you, as long as it is accompanied by the following copyright notice:
    Oligonucleotide sequences © 2007‐2011 Illumina, Inc. All rights reserved."

Leave a comment:

• ECO
    replied
    Hi guys/ScottC,

NextGenSeq is correct, ILMN does not want the TruSeq adapter sequences published here.

Apologies...

Leave a comment:

• NextGenSeq
    replied
    You have to ask Illumina for them. I posted a pdf of them but Illumina made this site take them down.

Leave a comment:

• genlyai
    replied
    Thanks, Scott.

What I'm confused about is the PCR primers that are used with the TruSeq DNA and RNA adapters. Can you (or someone) clarify what those are?

Leave a comment:

• protist
    replied
    Originally posted by huqiuping View Post
    I have same question.
    I have attached a figure I use as an explanation - hope it helps.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• marcaill
    replied
    Thanks Protist.
    That's what we understood too. The ultimate goal would be indeed to avoid PCR step.
    I'm looking forward adapters sequences for confirmation...

Leave a comment:

• protist
    replied
    Originally posted by SeqTruth View Post
    Does anyone have explicit, detailed information about the new TruSeq adaptor sequences and structures?
    In an Illumina webinar yesterday it was stated that they are equivalent to 'complete adapters' ie., they have the extension which is normally added during the library amplification that allows the library material to anneal to the Flowcell. Thus if you start with enough material you could potentially skip the Library amplification step.

See paper below for discussion of 'complete adapters'
    Nature Methods 6, 291 - 295 (2009) Amplification-free Illumina sequencing-library preparation facilitates improved mapping and assembly of (G+C)-biased genomes

Leave a comment:

• huqiuping
    replied
    I have same question.
    Originally posted by seqgirl123 View Post
    Hi,

I am a little confused with the various schematics I found on the Solexa adapter structure.

I followed Illumina's pdf (attached) and made the forked structure myself (jpeg). I also listed the variations I saw on the right taken from various schematics people have posted on this website which I think they took from other journal articles.

Can someone tell me if the sequences taken from Illumina's pdf are the correct forked structures as I've drawn them, meaning is that the way they're really supposed to look? My version has more bases ligating to each other versus the ones taken from this website which have fewer, why is that and does it make a difference? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• SeqTruth
    replied
    Does anyone have explicit, detailed information about the new TruSeq adaptor sequences and structures?

Leave a comment:

• anant
    replied
    Thanks kmcarr, it is very useful and information.

Leave a comment:

• seqgirl123
    replied
    need some help

Hi,

I am a little confused with the various schematics I found on the Solexa adapter structure.

I followed Illumina's pdf (attached) and made the forked structure myself (jpeg). I also listed the variations I saw on the right taken from various schematics people have posted on this website which I think they took from other journal articles.

Can someone tell me if the sequences taken from Illumina's pdf are the correct forked structures as I've drawn them, meaning is that the way they're really supposed to look? My version has more bases ligating to each other versus the ones taken from this website which have fewer, why is that and does it make a difference? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Anri
    replied
    Originally posted by bmcjc View Post
    I want to sequence my PCR product on Solexa (it's a long story). Will it be feasible to PCR amplify with primers that has the Illumina's long PCR primer sequence extended to the 5'end so I don't have to do adaptor ligation again?

Check this article. Is anyone done something like this? (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...ukmss-3213.pdf).

Direct sequencing of short amplicons
    To avoid unnecessary PCR amplification steps, which would potentially exacerbate biases, we can perform extremely deep sequencing of short amplicons using locus-specific primers that possess tails that are capable of hybridisation to the oligos tethered to the flowcell surface. The tailless forward and reverse oligos are then used as primers in the sequencing steps
    (Supplementary Protocol 10 online).

Leave a comment:

• abelhj
    replied
    Sorry my graphic got messed up. Here it is again.

Hi,

I am trying to figure out Solexa paired end read output. Can someone please tell me if my toy example is correct?

1) One end of DNA is bound to substrate. Free end is sequenced in 5'-->3' direction.

#
    5' #
    ------> #
    GCCCxxxxxxATTT # ==> GCCC
    CGGGxxxxxxTAAA#
    #
    #
    #

2) Opposite end of DNA bound to substrate. Free end of *complementary* strand sequenced in 5'-->3' direction.

#
    5' #
    ------> #
    AAATxxxxxxGGGC# ==> AAAT
    TTTAxxxxxxCCCG #
    #
    #
    #

So the final output of the Solexa machine would be the pair (GCCC, AAAT) and then a program such as maq would worry about the details of orientation/taking complements.

Thanks,
    hja

Leave a comment:

• abelhj
    replied
    Hi,

I am trying to figure out Solexa paired end read output. Can someone please tell me if my toy example is correct?

1) One end of DNA is bound to substrate. Free end is sequenced in 5'-->3' direction.

#
    5' #
    ------> #
    GCCCxxxxxxATTT # ==> GCCC
    CGGGxxxxxxTAAA #
    #
    #
    #

2) Opposite end of DNA bound to substrate. Free end of *complementary* strand sequenced in 5'-->3' direction.

#
    5' #
    ------> #
    AAATxxxxxxGGGC # ==> AAAT
    TTTAxxxxxxCCCG #
    #
    #
    #

So the final output of the Solexa machine would be the pair (GCCC, AAAT) and then a program such as maq would worry about the details of orientation/taking complements.

Thanks,
    hja

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses