Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • r.rosati
    Member
    • Aug 2015
    • 95

    #1

    Chip Preparation Solution recipe?

    Hello,
    we have several Ion PI v2 chips, and we're successfully using them with Hi-Q chemistry kits. However, we're running short of Chip Preparation Solution, and Thermo has discontinued it. I know from the relevant patent that its composition should include a sulfonic acid in an organic solvent. I was wondering if the composition was ever disclosed by Ion Torrent in its "friendly" days or if anyone could suggest a possible recipe we could try.

    Thank you!

    EDIT: I think I got it, sorry. I just found a patent which describes a possible composition.
    Last edited by r.rosati; 04-18-2017, 09:57 AM.
  • avierstr
    Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 18

    #2
    I don't know if there is a lot of difference between the Proton and PGM chips, but I still use the 'old protocol' from in the beginning of the PGM.
    - rinse the chip 2 times with 100 µl isopropanol
    - rinse the chip 3 times with annealing buffer
    - perform chip check
    - remove liquid
    - load sample

    Comment

    • r.rosati
      Member
      • Aug 2015
      • 95

      #3
      Thanks! I think I'll go with buying dodecyl benzene sulfonic acid (DBSA) and undecane, they're both relatively cheap; and prepare the 5% DBSA in undecane solution.

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Yesterday, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      7 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      31 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      26 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      46 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...