Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parameters of PaciBio

Hi,everyone! Does anyone know anything about the Pacific Bio seq instrument work stats? I knew the error rate is about 15% one year ago.
    I wonder has it been improved now? If i wanna control the error rate below 1~2%, what's the effective read length left now?
    Thank you ! I'd appreciate if somebody who got one PacBio in lab share info.

Error rate is still about the same. If you are running in the circular consensus mode (small inserts 300- 500 bp) then you are able to account for the error by depth of coverage.

While one can now get long reads (2 kb or more) you would need to deal with the error rate on your own if you have long inserts.

Comment

Thank for GenoMax , our lab is planning to do a denovo sequencing, Prof. wanna add some Pacbio data , but now I'm afraid it won't help us much~

Comment

PacBio long reads will still be useful for hybrid assemblies. Specially if you are using something else to get read depth.

Comment

You should also take a look through this presentation

while PacBio has a very high per base error rate, it may be a better approach for getting information across a few kilobases than alternatives such as mate pair libraries.

Comment

Thanks for the link!
            But I still worry about how helpful it can be with such a high error rate~
            Maybe 454 is better choice since the read length can be more than 500bp and hybrid assemble pipeline is more mature.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses