I mapped some 50bp paired-end solid sequence to my reference genome using BFAST. After I get the SAM file from the BFAST, I use SAMTool to create the sorted BAM file and use tview to look at the alignment.
For some reason, many pairs with both sequences mapped to the genome within the expected distance (1.5Kb) as shown in the SAM file (column 3 and 4), were shown with a "underline", which supposed to mean "Secondary or orphan".
Also, when I click "C" for cs view, and then all the 0-3 are white, is this normal?
Maybe I did something wrong during some of the steps?
Below are the major steps I did:
1.
solid2fastq -o Q20 Q20_F3.csfasta Q20_R3.csfasta Q20_F3_QV.qual Q20_R3_QV.qual
2.
bfast match -f ref.fa -A 1 -r Q20_paired.fastq >bfast.matches.Q20.bmf
3.
bfast localalign -f ref.fa -A 1 -x ColorMatrix.txt -m bfast.matches.Q20.bmf >bfast.aligned_Q20.baf
4.
bfast postprocess -f ref.fa -A 1 -U -x ColorMatrix.txt -O 1 -i bfast.aligned_Q20.baf >bfast_Q20.sam
I should not use "-U" for paired end in this step, but if I do not use "-U" and only use "-S 2000" (expect the insertion size), BFAST became very, very slow.
5.
samtools view -bhS bfast_Q20.sam > bfast_Q20.bam
6.
samtools sort bfast_Q20.bam bfast_Q20.sorted
7.
samtools index bfast_Q20.sorted.bam
and this is the command I use to view the alignment:
samtools tview bfast_Q20.sorted.bam ref.fa
Thanks for helping!
For some reason, many pairs with both sequences mapped to the genome within the expected distance (1.5Kb) as shown in the SAM file (column 3 and 4), were shown with a "underline", which supposed to mean "Secondary or orphan".
Also, when I click "C" for cs view, and then all the 0-3 are white, is this normal?
Maybe I did something wrong during some of the steps?
Below are the major steps I did:
1.
solid2fastq -o Q20 Q20_F3.csfasta Q20_R3.csfasta Q20_F3_QV.qual Q20_R3_QV.qual
2.
bfast match -f ref.fa -A 1 -r Q20_paired.fastq >bfast.matches.Q20.bmf
3.
bfast localalign -f ref.fa -A 1 -x ColorMatrix.txt -m bfast.matches.Q20.bmf >bfast.aligned_Q20.baf
4.
bfast postprocess -f ref.fa -A 1 -U -x ColorMatrix.txt -O 1 -i bfast.aligned_Q20.baf >bfast_Q20.sam
I should not use "-U" for paired end in this step, but if I do not use "-U" and only use "-S 2000" (expect the insertion size), BFAST became very, very slow.
5.
samtools view -bhS bfast_Q20.sam > bfast_Q20.bam
6.
samtools sort bfast_Q20.bam bfast_Q20.sorted
7.
samtools index bfast_Q20.sorted.bam
and this is the command I use to view the alignment:
samtools tview bfast_Q20.sorted.bam ref.fa
Thanks for helping!
)9&(96!.6 CM:i:5 XA:i:3 XE:Z:--.2-21--2----------------------------------------
Comment