No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLiD paired-end mapping

Hi all,
    until recently I mapped my SOLiD single-end reads using Bowtie aligner.
    Now, I'm trying to map a SOLiD paired-end reads (not mate-paired) and struggling some difficulties....
    Does anyone know a way to map paired-end reads?
    Thanks!

You can use novoalign, bwa, bfast+bwa, or shrimp2.

Comment

Thanks nilshomer!

Does BWA fits paired-end data??
      I read that one should reverse and complement the reads before using BWA aligner for that data. Is it true, and if so how should it be done?

Comment

Thanks nilshomer!

Does BWA fits paired-end data??
        I read that one should reverse and complement the reads before using BWA aligner for that data. Is it true, and if so how should it be done?

Comment

It should be too hard to test out the behavior yourself by making up some fake reads etc. Otherwise, a new post may be in order.

Comment

If you're trying to use bowtie...

FYI: Not crazy about bowtie alignment for my SOLiD 5500XL paired-end, color-space, direct-from-XSQ files, but a command of the following form works:

bowtie -p 4 -C -S BT_CS_Index_hg19 --fr -f -1 F3end_1.csfasta -2 F5end_2.csfasta --Q1 F3end_1.QV.qual --Q2 F5end_2.QV.qual output.sam

Note the "--fr". That is not the default.

Gets only about a third of the reads. Lifescope aligner w/ SAET (proprietary) works best, but SHRiMP pretty good. Still evaluating.

-- Fred P.

Comment

Hi!

I'm analyzing a "second-hand" dataset generated using SOLiD 4. It is a transcriptome mate pair library that is 52 x 37 nt, and I cannot for the sake of me find the protocol that was used to generate those specific read lengths. I have F3 and R3 reads, so I am assuming it is a circularization protocol, but I do not know what the size selection parameters were, or how the circles were cut to produce the final fragments. This info would be very valuable for a more accurate mapping.

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

Carmen

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
              0 responses