Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lellabioinfo
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8

    #1

    Alignment SOLID data

    Dear users,
    someone knows how I can align multiple microRNA reads in gff format?
    Is it possible (and, if yes, how) with SOLID ALIGNMENT BROWSER?
    Thanks a lot
  • westerman
    Rick Westerman
    • Jun 2008
    • 1104

    #2
    Originally posted by lellabioinfo View Post
    Dear users,
    someone knows how I can align multiple microRNA reads in gff format?
    Is it possible (and, if yes, how) with SOLID ALIGNMENT BROWSER?
    Thanks a lot
    The Browser merely allows you to see pre-computed alignments so the answer would be "no, you can not align using SAB."

    I am still working with my first microRNA sample and thus my advice may not be correct. That being said, having your microRNA reads in GFF format indicates that you have already run the color-space SOLiD reads through a program. Presumably rna2map. Thus you already have the alignment. I would assume that the file could be viewed via the SAB.

    If the above is not useful then perhaps you could restate your question.

    Comment

    • lellabioinfo
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 8

      #3
      Dear Westerman, you are right: my question is not so clear!
      I have csfasta (and QV) data from RNA of different patients. To find mutations among these files, what software or tool can I used? I need a multiple alignment browser. Because of these csfasta contains all the transcriptome, how can I select only microRNA?
      Thanx a lot for your help!

      Comment

      • westerman
        Rick Westerman
        • Jun 2008
        • 1104

        #4
        Once again I have not completed a microRNA project using SOLiD data (we are having problems with our reference sequence) but what I would do is run each of your data sets through the rna2map program. Then using the results from that program see where the differences are in your data.

        I don't see where a graphical alignment browser will help since you will undoubtedly be dealing with hundreds if not thousands of differences. Plus the differences are on parts of the genome that are widely separated from each other. You might be able to use a clustering program such as those used in microarrays to determine clusters of microRNAs and graphically display these clusters.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Today, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        28 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        24 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        46 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
        1 response
        55 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...