Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac Bio Proof-of-Concept Science Paper on Single-Molecule Sequencing Technology

Pacific Biosciences published a proof-of-concept study at online today in Science.

Below is detailed news from Genomeweb:

And the article is linked below:

If this is working as described with improvement, I believe this would be the next-next gen break-through technology.

Comment

Hi,
      PacBio said that they have sequenced the genome of E. coli and have obtained a 3,200-base read that spans a large repeat region.
      source : http://www.genomeweb.com/sequencing

Fred

Comment

pac bio on TV.
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Hi,

Some news about PacBio :
          http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2009/10...e-machine.html

http://www.genomeweb.com/sequencing/...rna-sequencing

Fred

Comment

Here is some news from PacBio:

Comment

Questions about PacBio

Hey all.

I have a couple of questions about Pacific Biosciences that some of you might be able to answer.

Q1: Does anyone have any insight as to who the "early access" people are for PacBio's SMRT sequencers? So far I've heard of Scripps and Monsanto, but there are also genome centers and academic centers. (I would guess WashU would get one).

Q2: If the cameras are limiting the throughput, then how many ZMWs are functioning in the 1st generation instruments?

Q3: The last I heard, the DNA polymerase was getting about 4.63 bp/s, giving 400kb/ZMW/day which translates into 1.7X coverage of the human genome per day. Is there an update on this yet?

Q4: I have a ton of people that have been asking me about this technology (I guess I'm the designated sequencing guru at my university). Does anyone have a clue on how the company wants to choose the places it sells the sequencers to (and how many it will be able to manufacture at the time of release)? I know there is a long list of people itching to get thier hands on it (drug companies, genome centers, etc), and I'm trying to find a way to get one at our medical center. Any ideas on how to get to the top of the list? ( I think they are pushing for cancer and infectious diseases, but I also read they want to diversify thier clientel). Any thoughts?

Q5: How come these sequencers haven't been named yet????

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses