• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GenoMax
    replied
    Originally posted by jp. View Post
    Hi
    I want to do WGS of 2 samples of human. I have 2 sequencer Hiseq2000 in main facility. I have experience of Analysing of Illumina data. But the problem is that I am not sure about the following:
    1. replication / replicates
    2. depth coverage
    3. best stretegies
    4. Kits / reagents

May I ask this forum, if you can give me guideline on the sequencing for Whole Genome. Since this field is developing very fast, I dont want to any mistake and asking here. I have funding and sequencer (freely available), just need to buy kits and reagents. Please tell me how can I design best for WGS.
    Thank you, (my English is not good so please ignore English mistakes)
    jp.

This calculator can help with the coverage calculations: http://support.illumina.com/download...alculator.ilmn
    and a tech note to go with it: http://res.illumina.com/documents/pr...alculation.pdf

Leave a comment:

• jp.
    replied
    Hi
    I want to do WGS of 2 samples of human. I have 2 sequencer Hiseq2000 in main facility. I have experience of Analysing of Illumina data. But the problem is that I am not sure about the following:
    1. replication / replicates
    2. depth coverage
    3. best stretegies
    4. Kits / reagents

May I ask this forum, if you can give me guideline on the sequencing for Whole Genome. Since this field is developing very fast, I dont want to any mistake and asking here. I have funding and sequencer (freely available), just need to buy kits and reagents. Please tell me how can I design best for WGS.
    Thank you, (my English is not good so please ignore English mistakes)
    jp.

Originally posted by gnomemics View Post
    We are doing clinical sequencing in a CPA accredited lab NHS lab in the UK - our cancer panel is live and we will shortly be introducing other disease focused panels. We also have a big grant to introduce whole genome and exome sequencing into the NHS....exciting times!

http://www.oxford-translational-mole...ostics.org.uk/

Leave a comment:

• gnomemics
    replied
    We are doing clinical sequencing in a CPA accredited lab NHS lab in the UK - our cancer panel is live and we will shortly be introducing other disease focused panels. We also have a big grant to introduce whole genome and exome sequencing into the NHS....exciting times!

Leave a comment:

• Sequer
    replied
    Illumina clinical lab was the first to offer CLIA genomes
    We were the first CLIA lab to do WGS clinical interpretation starting almost 3 years ago.
    Most national clinical genetics labs use NGS for panels and their are multiple labs in the US offering CLIA certified exomes.

Leave a comment:

• cynthesims
    replied
    Pathogenius offers molecular microbiology sequencing services. They are CLIA and CAP certified. http://www.pathogenius.com/

Leave a comment:

• visivas
    replied
    LMM at partners healthcare

We offer clinical diagnostic services through next-gen sequencing for a handful of diseases. We do the sequencing in our own CLIA certified lab. Visit us at http://pcpgm.partners.org/lmm

Leave a comment:

• EdgeBio
    replied
    Originally posted by ymc View Post
    Great! How many x differences in pricing between CLIA and non-CLIA?
    I sent you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• ymc
    replied
    Originally posted by EdgeBio View Post
    We offer CLIA NGS for human exome projects at EdgeBio. If you want more information please contact us at [email protected]
    Great! How many x differences in pricing between CLIA and non-CLIA?

Leave a comment:

• EdgeBio
    replied
    We offer CLIA NGS for human exome projects at EdgeBio. If you want more information please contact us at [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• adaptivegenome
    replied
    Yes there are. For example BCM does this in Houston.

Leave a comment:

• GenoMax
    replied
    Are there any academic centers that have received CLIA certification for NGS?
    A quick google search appears to show only commercial providers.

Leave a comment:

• adaptivegenome
    replied
    We are doing clinical sequencing projects, but we are not CLIA yet.

Leave a comment:

• ymc
    replied
    What does it mean by clinical sequencing? Does it mean the sequencing step must be CLIA?

Leave a comment:

• GenoMax
    replied
    We need to define "clinical sequencing" with more precision.

I am sure many (most?) of us sequence human samples that come from clinic (or otherwise) for research purposes (the results can't officially become part of patient medical record since sequencing happens in a non-CLIA certified lab).

Leave a comment:

• ECO
    replied
    I do.

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Multiomics Techniques Advancing Disease Research
    by seqadmin

New and advanced multiomics tools and technologies have opened new avenues of research and markedly enhanced various disciplines such as disease research and precision medicine1. The practice of merging diverse data from various ‘omes increasingly provides a more holistic understanding of biological systems. As Maddison Masaeli, Co-Founder and CEO at Deepcell, aptly noted, “You can't explain biology in its complex form with one modality.”

A major leap in the field has
    02-08-2024, 06:33 AM
  • seqadmin
    The 3D Genome: New Technologies and Emerging Insights
    by seqadmin

The study of three-dimensional (3D) genomics explores the spatial structure of genomes and their role in processes like gene expression and DNA replication. By employing innovative technologies, researchers can study these arrangements to discover their role in various biological processes. Scientists continue to find new ways in which the organization of DNA is involved in processes like development1 and disease2.

Basic Organization and Structure
    Understanding...
    01-22-2024, 03:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:57 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin