Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • calmac3
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 2

    #1

    easyRNASeq

    This dev package looks very promising to simplify read summaries. I'm sorry if I missed this in the documentation, but I am wondering how the package handles paired-end reads. I have a dataset with a mixture of paired- and single-end reads. How does this impact the "readLength" line?

    Thanks
  • calmac3
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 2

    #2
    I suppose I will answer my own question. At this point, without input from the developers, do not try to mix paired-and single-end reads.

    Comment

    • regyre
      Member
      • Jan 2009
      • 11

      #3
      Hi Calmac3,

      The best place to get an answer about Bioconductor packages is the bioconductor mailing list. I honestly would not have expected posts about easyRNASeq here on SEQanswers.

      To answer your question: if you use version 1.2.5 of easyRNASeq, there's no support for PE. If you use 1.3.14, you do not need to provide the readLength argument as this information will be extracted directly from your data. Concerning the PE data, they are still considered as SE as I'm working on a proper way to define/count fragments and not reads. I hadn't thought of mixed SE-PE setup but will keep that in mind. If you have other questions, or suggestions, comments, please post on the Bioc mailing list. At list you'll get a quicker answer!

      Nico

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      13 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      37 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...