Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dr_grm
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2015
    • 5

    #1

    Scriptseq insystem contamination

    I have recently begun using the scriptseq complete gold epidemiology kit to sequence RNA from human blood samples. From the number of runs I have done, I have consistently seen hits from the following Avian myeloblastosis associated virus AND Bacillus subtulis/sp. I believe these are contaminants as they come up in every single sample. I will test with a negative control in my next run to confirm, but I wanted to know if anyone else here is seeing the same.

    From my research, I have seen that the RT enzyme used in scriptseq protocol is purified from Avian Myeloblastosis Virions, whose genomic material is probably still lurking around despite their purification attempts, so am guessing that these are contributing to the observed AMV reads. What I can't get around is where Bacillus sp reads are coming from. I clean my workstation 2X/ day. I wipe down everything and work under a hood. I also just wound up several RNAseq runs from vectors using a different protocol that utilizes NexteraXT indexes with the same machine, but I don't get the same issues with this.

    Regards,
    dr_grm

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Today, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
28 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
24 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
46 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
1 response
55 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...