Hi I was looking to do an RNA fragmentation protocol using the Covaris versus chemical cleavage (i.e. Zinc ion & high temp). Does the Covaris shearing of single stranded RNA result in 5' OH and 3' PO4 ends? Or scrambled like the chemical cleavage protocol? (i.e. 2' PO4, 3' PO4 and cyclic 3' ends). Any ideas on the product formation? Thanks!
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
I don't know, but I would think that you would have fragments that have 5'-PO4, 3'-PO4, both or neither. I think T4PNK should be able to fix this, though. (Though I have not tested this myself.)
Most enzymes that fragment RNA leave a 3'-PO4/5'-OH or maybe a cyclic 2'-3' PO4 linkage. So that might be a general paradigm. But sonication, being mechanical, might generate results similar to DNA. I went over a (rather old) manuscript that studied this:
--
Phillip
-
Hi Argonaute,
Most likely the ends do have a PO4/OH much like single stranded DNA shearing using Covaris AFA. The ends should be treated as described in the paper located at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...164-12-332.pdf
Thank you
Hamid
Comment
-
I think RNAseA is usually isolated from cow pancreas -- so human pancreas would produce it as well, in all likelihood. RNAseA cleaves ssRNA after U or C.Originally posted by Laily View Postthank you hamid,,,
I've read a book explained about two kinds of enzymes which break the links in an RNA chain (G-enzyme and U,C-enzyme). are they produced in human body????
Not sure if there is a human RNAse that cleaves after G. That is a characteristic of a fungal RNAse, RNAseT1.
--
Phillip
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
24 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
33 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
50 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment