Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Claire1
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 6

    #1

    directional mRNA-Seq Sample Preparation

    Hello,

    I want to start to work on directional mRNA-Seq Sample Preparation.
    I would like to know if anybody has experience with the Illumina protocol -directional mRNA-Seq Sample Preparation- and/or the protocol from epicentre -ScriptSeq™ mRNA-Seq Library Preparation Kit-.
    In your experience which one gives you the best result.
    Any suggestions are very welcome.
    thanks!
  • Garyron
    Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 10

    #2
    Hi Claire1,
    Have you decided on the kit , I just saw your post and illumina's directional protocol needs items part # from two kits as well as a fragmentation buffer but it works very well.
    Bests

    Comment

    • epistatic
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 129

      #3
      The Illumina protocol using multiple kits is expensive and I found the Epicentre protocol to be annoying for small sample numbers and not scalable for larger sample numbers. The Epicentre method has one long t-cycling program with wait times, pauses, + 1 ul to every tube multiple times. It is quick though (I could do libraries in one day) but I found painful.

      I now use the Illumina mRNA TruSeq kit with modifications and it works very well.

      I take the sample through the TruSeq kit per protocol through 1st strand. After 1st strand I clean up the sample with Zymo's RNA C&C -5 to remove dNTPs. I then do 2nd strand with a dNTP mix with dUTP (U, C, G, A) and NEB's dNTP-free 2nd Strand reaction buffer and 2nd Strand RNA-seq module. The resultant cDNA is taken back into the TruSeq kit until right before PCR. At this point you can treat the sample with USER and then go into PCR, or go directly into PCR (The kit taq looks to choke on dUTP strand, USER step likely not needed). This has been used on 100+ samples in my lab and works well.

      Comment

      • Claire1
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 6

        #4
        Hello,
        thanks for your replies!

        I decided for the kit from epicentre. Before the Sample Prep I was doing a rRNA removal with the Ribo-Zero rRNA Removal Kit. Both protocols were easy to follow, fast and were working fine. Indeed the steps to pipete 1ul individually is not setted up for larger sample numbers, but this will be not a problem for us. Now we are waiting for the sequencing results.

        Very interesting your modified mRNA TruSeq protocol. With USER do you mean UNG treatment ?

        Thanks!

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        10 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        32 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        27 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        48 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...