Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 well fluorometer for genomic DNA quant?

Hi there, we will soon be launching a high-throughput NGS service. We currently do all our genomic DNA quant on the Qubit (as we have had problems with the picogreen/LC480 quant). The Qubit however, really won't be suitable when our throughput rockets up.
    Any suggestions/suppliers of a 96-well fluorometer out there anywhere? I'm not having much luck finding one..they are all single tube
    Thanks!

There are probably more than you want to test:
    Biotek Synergy
    Tecan Infinite
    BMG labtech
    berthold
    Google plate reader fluorescence for more...

Comment

If you have a qPCR machine capable of end-point reading (alellic discriminiation), it may be worth investigating whether you can read Picogreen fluoresence on it.
      We have used our ABI 7900HT to read Picogreen plates, just set one marker to VIC and the other to SYBR with no (ROX) normalisation. The raw SYBR (I think) reads should be proportional to the mass of DNA in the sample. Just include a standard curve from the Lambda DNA, which is usually included in the Picogreen kit to determine the absolute amount.

Comment

yes you want to look for a "fluorescence plate reader". PerkinElmer makes several including the EnSpire and Victor. They both work great for Pico Green.

Comment

For cheap and cheerful look at the Molecular Devices F3 or F5 Filtermax plate readers. For expensive and funky looking, you could take a look at the Trinean DropSense. It's basically a 96 well plate version of the Nanodrop.

Comment

I have access to a Synergy HT and about 2,000 samples to quantify. Any suggestions on a protocol? Whose picogreen do you use and what is the most used standard? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Old guy View Post
              I have access to a Synergy HT and about 2,000 samples to quantify. Any suggestions on a protocol? Whose picogreen do you use and what is the most used standard? Thanks
              Invitrogen makes a PicoGreen kit containing a standard: http://products.invitrogen.com/ivgn/...i8hAAAAA%3D%3D

Also Promega makes the QuantiFluor system:

which also contains a lambda DNA standard. I have not used this one myself but the price is lower than the Invitrogen kit.

I've never used a synergy reader but basically you'd set up a standard curve then measure your fluorescence intensity against it. Depending on the reader, I've done either intensity vs. concentration as well as a log-log plot; use whichever gives you the straightest calibration curve. Ideally one does triplicate wells, but for 2000 samples that may be too much.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
              0 responses