Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smarajit
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2012
    • 4

    #1

    Capturing >60nt fragments

    I am making a library for which it is essential to purify any RNA which is greater than 60-70nt and get rid of anything below that. Is there any column or bead based system that can purify all fragment above this cut-off without adding any size bias?
  • kwaraska
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 131

    #2
    Could you make the library and then size select out anything too small rather than trying to size select the RNA?

    Comment

    • smarajit
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2012
      • 4

      #3
      Actually, I am planning to do it after linker ligation. I can definitely select out anything smaller than that but I could not find any system to do that. Most systems purify RNA >200nt. I could use Millipore's cut-off filters but haven't heard if anybody used them before for this purpose

      Comment

      • kwaraska
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 131

        #4
        After linker ligation, what size are they? The TruSeq adapters add 120 so you would be looking at a reasonable size to select under.

        Otherwise, why not go all the way to RT and such? Size select just before final PCR?

        Comment

        • rnaeye
          Member
          • May 2011
          • 80

          #5
          why can't you use gel purification?

          Comment

          • smarajit
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2012
            • 4

            #6
            Gel purification will be difficult in my case because I'm not looking for a particular size.

            I've been researching about this and contacted several companies, here is what I found. Clontech has a set of gel filtration columns called "CHROMASPIN" columns. They come in different cut-off sizes, like CHROMASPIN 10, 100, 200, 400, 1000 etc. These columns are RNase free and available in TE or DEPC water. Apart from these, the Qiagen RNeasy (MinElute kit) columns can also be used for size selecting RNA. These columns bind to everything >200nt according to standard protocol, however, smaller RNA can also be bound by increasing the volume of ethanol. The Agencourt RNA clean XP beads are good for high yield, but the bind to relatively larger RNAs. I'm sure there are other methods available like the Amicon's filtration devices, however, I found the CHROMASPIN columns the most useful if they work well

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Yesterday, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
            0 responses
            5 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            31 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            26 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            46 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...