Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • zhaolin
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2014
    • 4

    #1

    Rn/cycles: qPCR decided ATAC-seq library amplification

    Hello, I have tried to set up a experiment following the ATAC-seq protocol. when I ran the qPCR side reaction to decide the cycle for library amplification, I met the problem.

    The protocol uses Y-axis Rn 5000 RF as the threshold to decide the # of cycle since it is corresponded to ¼ of maximum fluorescent intensity.
    In my experiment, I have tried cells # from 50,000 to 1,000,000 (the concentration of start PCR template DNA is 50 ng to 300 ng) but the maximum RF is around 200 RF(the amplification curve is fine). Should I only set 40 or 50 RF as threshold? (The correspond cycle is around 5.)
    Has any one have similar issue? Could anyone help me here?
  • obischof
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 11

    #2
    Originally posted by zhaolin View Post
    Hello, I have tried to set up a experiment following the ATAC-seq protocol. when I ran the qPCR side reaction to decide the cycle for library amplification, I met the problem.

    The protocol uses Y-axis Rn 5000 RF as the threshold to decide the # of cycle since it is corresponded to ¼ of maximum fluorescent intensity.
    In my experiment, I have tried cells # from 50,000 to 1,000,000 (the concentration of start PCR template DNA is 50 ng to 300 ng) but the maximum RF is around 200 RF(the amplification curve is fine). Should I only set 40 or 50 RF as threshold? (The correspond cycle is around 5.)
    Has any one have similar issue? Could anyone help me here?
    Very much depends on your PCR machine but we have similar data. On another note, if you put your amplified material on a gel or bioanalyzer do you observe a nuclesome-like pattern or rather a smear? We have trouble getting this defined nucleosomal pattern as shown in the protocol.

    Comment

    • zhaolin
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2014
      • 4

      #3
      I haven't start doing the gel checking. But I would change the transposase digestion time if I got a smear.

      Comment

      • obischof
        Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 11

        #4
        We did; always smear no matter how long or short you incubate.

        Comment

        • zhaolin
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2014
          • 4

          #5
          Originally posted by obischof View Post
          We did; always smear no matter how long or short you incubate.
          What is the size of your library smear? I have tried to lower the transposase amount in the reaction and found the size of PCR product changes. But it still a piece of smear. How much of PCR product did you check on gel? Is it too low amount in the protocol?

          Comment

          • Wonghe
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2014
            • 9

            #6
            I also got a smear for my PCR product between 150-2500bp. Has anybody sequenced these DNA does it enriched the open chomatin?

            Comment

            • zhengxiang he
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2014
              • 1

              #7
              Originally posted by zhaolin View Post
              Hello, I have tried to set up a experiment following the ATAC-seq protocol. when I ran the qPCR side reaction to decide the cycle for library amplification, I met the problem.

              The protocol uses Y-axis Rn 5000 RF as the threshold to decide the # of cycle since it is corresponded to ¼ of maximum fluorescent intensity.
              In my experiment, I have tried cells # from 50,000 to 1,000,000 (the concentration of start PCR template DNA is 50 ng to 300 ng) but the maximum RF is around 200 RF(the amplification curve is fine). Should I only set 40 or 50 RF as threshold? (The correspond cycle is around 5.)
              Has any one have similar issue? Could anyone help me here?
              How about your experiment now?
              We try several times. We start with 74k cells and can see clear cell pellet. But after we run the qPCR, we got very few signal on the qPCR and the curve is not good. Can you give us some suggestion?

              Comment

              • pritb
                Junior Member
                • Mar 2019
                • 2

                #8
                Hello All

                I am new to ATAC seq experiments. I am working on human fibroblast with 50k cells (counted through countess). Initially, I started following J Buenrostro (2015) protocol but seems not working. Now I shifted myself to Omni-ATAC protocol.

                My Initial OD (after Tn5 treatment) using Nanodrop gave 46 ng/ul. I proceeded with Library prep by giving 5 cycles. Realtime PCR for library quantification gave me 20 additional cycles for my Libraries. After PCR cleanup, I got 96 ng/ul as library concentration. On gel check, I cant seen anything, except for few bands that is less than 100 bps. What could be reason?

                I have attached my gel picture here.
                Lane-1: 2 ul of sample after Tn5 reaction post cleanup
                Lane-2: 15 ul of sample after 35 cycles (Although I selected 20 cycles based on 1/4 fluorescence intensity)
                Lane-3: 10 ul of sample of 20 cycles (additional PCR cycles). This is purified. You can seen 2 bands less than 100 bps.
                Attached Files

                Comment

                • Rosmano
                  Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 28

                  #9
                  Those two bands with less than 100bps are adapter dimers.

                  I am having problems in the step of pre-amplification.
                  After pre-amplification I get a DNA quantity of 7.6ng/uL from 50,000 total thymocytes. However, when I try to run a qPCR I get no amplification in the 20 cycles. I ordered the TDE1 individually and directly from Illumina now that they discontinued the Nextera DNA kit, so I wasn't expecting to have problems with it.
                  The primers I am using are the ones from the Buenruostro paper. I'm at a loss for why I am not getting amplification in the qPCR to determine how many extra cycles I need. It seems my problem is with the primers.

                  What's the usual DNA concentration one has for 50,000 cells after TN5 treatment and after 5-cycle pre-amplification?

                  Comment

                  • Rosmano
                    Member
                    • May 2012
                    • 28

                    #10
                    I am doing the qPCR quantification with Power SYBR Green PCR Master Mix from Thermo Fisher instead of the NEB Next HF Master Mix.

                    Does anyone know if this might impact the qPCR quantification?

                    Comment

                    • salix
                      Junior Member
                      • Mar 2022
                      • 1

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Rosmano View Post
                      I am doing the qPCR quantification with Power SYBR Green PCR Master Mix from Thermo Fisher instead of the NEB Next HF Master Mix.

                      Does anyone know if this might impact the qPCR quantification?
                      Were you able to figure out what was going wrong? I am experiencing the same thing.

                      Comment

                      • Rosmano
                        Member
                        • May 2012
                        • 28

                        #12
                        Yes, I needed to use the NEB Next HF Master Mix and then the quantification worked accurately.

                        Comment

                        Latest Articles

                        Collapse

                        • SEQadmin2
                          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                          by SEQadmin2


                          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                          ...
                          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                        • SEQadmin2
                          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                          by SEQadmin2




                          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                        ad_right_rmr

                        Collapse

                        News

                        Collapse

                        Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
                        0 responses
                        7 views
                        0 reactions
                        Last Post SEQadmin2  
                        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                        0 responses
                        31 views
                        0 reactions
                        Last Post SEQadmin2  
                        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                        0 responses
                        26 views
                        0 reactions
                        Last Post SEQadmin2  
                        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                        1 response
                        47 views
                        0 reactions
                        Last Post pekgio
                        by pekgio
                         
                        Working...