What are people using as best practice for plasticware in NGS library preparation? For 1.5 and 0.6 ml tubes, I've been using Eppenforf's LoBind tubes (library storage and dilution). I primarily use strip tubes for library generation, but I haven't found any 0.2mL tubes that are meant to prevent DNA sticking. I wonder if anybody has any input on what plastic is best for low-concentration RNA/DNA, and if anyone has any specific evidence to support it. Thanks!
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Hi,
I had the same problem and I searched for a long time some low-binding 0.2 ml tubes or plates without success. Then I found a very old paper (attached) where they showed that, when adding some detergent to the solutions/mixes, the adsorption of DNA to the tube was negligible. We are doing single-cell RNA-seq and we have 0.1% Triton in the lysis buffer. We manage to achieve a better sensitivity than the commercial kits, therefore I believe that having some detergent is enough for our purpose and we don´t need low-binding tubes.
I hope that this helps!
Best,
SimoneLast edited by Simone78; 08-24-2017, 05:42 AM.
-
Please find it attached.Originally posted by COcard View PostHey there, I know this is an old thread, but what is the citation for the "very old paper" you mention in your reply to clint ?
Best,
Simone
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
22 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
33 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
50 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment