No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy number analysis using 454 data

Hi,

I am pretty new to sequence analysis in general, but I was wondering if anyone know how to identify amplifications and deletions from 454 sequencing data? Intuitively, I would feel the coverage or read depth would indicate read depth (not sure about amplifications). But I'm not sure if this is the best way to go about it. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Hello,

There are multiple tools available to detect CNV's.
    Please take a look at these previous threads.
    http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11871
    http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9480

They may refer to detecting CNV in Exome Capture data, but the programs can be used for WGS data too.

Regards,
    --
    pg

Comment

It may be too late for you to make this choice, but the 454 isn't really the best platform to be doing CNV work. Its strength is the length of the read, but to detect CNVs using read depth, the number of reads is the most important. As long as you have enough bases to align the read to the genome then that is enough.
      If you have already got data, then yes, it is possible. There are loads of tools on the wiki that can do the job. Some of them might sulk at the low number of reads you get from 454 data.

Comment

CNVer

Hi,

Thanks for the replies! I found CNVer on the wiki. They claim to work with low-depth targeted sequencing kind of data (454) and use paired end information rather than depth of coverage.

Anyone used this?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          A Brief Overview and Common Challenges in Single-cell Sequencing Analysis
          by seqadmin

​​​​​​The introduction of single-cell sequencing has advanced the ability to study cell-to-cell heterogeneity. Its use has improved our understanding of somatic mutations1, cell lineages2, cellular diversity and regulation3, and development in multicellular organisms4. Single-cell sequencing encompasses hundreds of techniques with different approaches to studying the genomes, transcriptomes, epigenomes, and other omics of individual cells. The analysis of single-cell sequencing data i...

01-24-2023, 01:19 PM
        • seqadmin
          Introduction to Single-Cell Sequencing
          by seqadmin
          Single-cell sequencing is a technique used to investigate the genome, transcriptome, epigenome, and other omics of individual cells using high-throughput sequencing. This technology has provided many scientific breakthroughs and continues to be applied across many fields, including microbiology, oncology, immunology, neurobiology, precision medicine, and stem cell research.

The advancement of single-cell sequencing began in 2009 when Tang et al. investigated the single-cell transcriptomes
          01-09-2023, 03:10 PM
        • seqadmin
          AVITI from Element Biosciences: Latest Sequencing Technologies—Part 6
          by seqadmin
          Element Biosciences made its sequencing market debut this year when it released AVITI, its first sequencer. The AVITI System uses avidity sequencing, a novel sequencing chemistry that delivers higher quality data, decreases cycle times, and requires lower reagent concentrations. This new instrument reportedly features lower operating and start-up costs while maintaining quality sequencing.

Read type and length
          AVITI is a short-read benchtop sequencer that also offers an innovative...
          12-29-2022, 10:44 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse
        Working...
        X