Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioscope(diBayes) for SOLiD~need help

Hi,I major in Molecular Bio,and what i am doing now need the SOLiD platform.
    But I'm totally a green hand in Bioinfo stuff~ Today I got one problem, Maybe someone familiar with the Bioscope (Life Tech) can help me out ?
    The diBayes tool in Bioscope pipeline is used to find SNPs.In the Life Tech's Bioscope Guide, about the Reference genome,it's said so:"Note: When you run the SNPs tool, you must use a different reference than the one used for mapping" sadly I only have one Ref version and don't know the reason for a different one~ It's getting more confusing after I read the diBayes Manual--Nothing said about Ref, No rule~
    anybody know what's going on?
    THANK U VERY MUCH!!

Either your documentation has an error, or you misread it. In my BioScope 1.3 manual (page 194) it clearly says "Note: When you run the SNPs tool, you must use the same reference that was used for mapping." (that's a direct copy and paste). Since your BAM output from the mapping is based on that same file, only that would work.
    Last edited by mbblack; 05-11-2011, 05:55 AM.
    Michael Black, Ph.D.
    ScitoVation LLC. RTP, N.C.

Comment

Originally posted by mbblack View Post
      Either your documentation has an error, or you misread it. In my BioScope 1.3 manual (page 194) it clearly says "Note: When you run the SNPs tool, you must use the same reference that was used for mapping." (that's a direct copy and paste). Since your BAM output from the mapping is based on that same file, only that would work.
      Yeah ! Thanks a lot!! In fact, I couldn't find the manual for Bioscope 1.3 ver while using it,still with the April 2010 Ver(maybe 1.2?) Just hope won't have any more error~
      Hmm~SO GLAD~

Comment

It would be strange to have one reference for mapping and another one for SNP calling. Although now that I am working with the Illumina pipeline I find that I need the reference in two different forms -- squashed and non-squashed (unless I am missing something in the manual.)

Anyway back to SOLiD. You still need a 'cmap' file for some of the pipelines. This file relates the chromosomes names and order to individual chromosome files.

Comment

Thanks for your info~
          yesterday I encountered with new trouble. Later, we found it's VERY important to make sure that *.fa files have same order in CMAP and BAM. After fixed the script to get new CMAP, the run finished successfully.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
            by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
            05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
          • seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 07:03 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
          0 responses