X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissDNA
    replied
    Cool. Let me know how it goes.
    The 2 libraries I prepared this week, titrated very well. Hopefully sequencing will be good.

Leave a comment:

• Coyk
    replied
    Well this gives me much hope! Thank you so much. I will take up the charge again and hope for the best.

Leave a comment:

• MissDNA
    replied
    I have prepared my fair share of 3kbPE libraries, and after circularization I NEVER saw a nice peak, as it shows in the manual, on the DNA 7500 chip. Most of the times I have an almost flat line. Still I continue with the protocol and most of the times I get a library because further on the protocol there is a library amplification step. Usually what I do is continue with 2 amplifications, instead of only one, and I combine the product of the 2 amplification in the final column purification step.
    This week I prepared 2 libraries like that.
    I really wonder if someone really sees nice peaks after circularization, and what can be done to improve circularization. Once per Roche´s tech support recommendation I increased the time of the circularization a bit. I went as far as 40 min only, but I am not sure if helped.
    Last edited by MissDNA; 09-30-2011, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Coyk
    started a topic Paired end library, 3kb woes

Paired end library, 3kb woes

Hello all,
    I have made two attempts so far to make it through the paired end library protocol (Rev. June 2010 is the manual I've been referencing). I have made it through the circularization adaptor ligation, library span size selection, and fill-in reaction (up to section 3.5). After that there is a quantification step that I've done twice and both times gotten 22ng/ul which is more than enough to proceed. Apparently, though, I tend to lose everything by the time I run it on a 7500 chip after circularization and nebulization. The two most obvious possibilities to me are either the circularization adaptors aren't ligating properly or the circularization isn't happening and the subsequent DNase step chews my sample to bits. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if there are any suggestions for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
    Yesterday, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses