Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed a new directory for a "local" install rather than system. So the new directory is home/dane/454/

The old directory is still in opt/454/bin with all the files.

64bit Ubuntu, Im not sure which package the installer used. However, I tried replacing any of the i686 tarballs that might have been installed instead of the x86 and then the programs wouldn't assemble and would come up with syntax errors.

Comment

No, do not mix files. If you see all the file in /opt/454/bin what gives you a

file /opt/454/bin/sfffile

What gives you

/opt/454/bin/sfffile

Sven

Comment

Originally posted by sklages View Post
        No, do not mix files. If you see all the file in /opt/454/bin what gives you a

file /opt/454/bin/sfffile

What gives you

/opt/454/bin/sfffile

Sven
        /opt/454/bin/sfffile gives me permission denied so I have to run it with sudo.

I went ahead and tried /454 which is where my new install is located and its telling me that the directory doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Dane View Post
          /opt/454/bin/sfffile gives me permission denied so I have to run it with sudo.

I went ahead and tried /454 which is where my new install is located and its telling me that the directory doesn't exist.
          When you have installed your package in /opt/454 with 'sudo' then you have to change
          the permissions (as well with 'sudo') accordingly, so that you can access the files/progs.

About your "new" install you wrote you have installed it in "/home/dane/454/"; where
          comes the "/454" from?

If your installation is in "/home/dane/454/" (hopefully without 'sudo'), you should alter
          your PATH accordingly,

export PATH="/home/dane/454/bin:$PATH"

Sven

Comment

Originally posted by sklages View Post

If your installation is in "/home/dane/454/" (hopefully without 'sudo'), you should alter
            your PATH accordingly,

export PATH="/home/dane/454/bin:$PATH"

Sven
            Awesome, that fixed the pathing, thank you very much for you help. Kudos

Comment

Originally posted by rad View Post
              Assuming you have a bin directory in your $HOME, and its in your $PATH

ln -s /bin/true ~/bin/rocks

then run the installer.

This worked perfectly for me!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by WaltL View Post
                I worked on it most of the day and finally got it installed.

It is not too difficult, but you cannot use the installer. I am performing a test assembly this morning and I will post installation instructions a bit later today.

Walt
                Thanks a lot for the installation instructions! They worked perfect for me!

(I had to change the filenames for step 6 and 7 from:
                newbler_CLI-2.5.3.x86_64.tgz to newbler_CLI_2.5.3.x86_64.tgz
                amplicon_GUI_2.5.3.noarch.tgz to amplicons_GUI_2.5.3.noarch.tgz)

Comment

gsAmplicon not working

I followed all of the instructions for install and I get the GUI when I type in gsAmplicon but there is a bug in my program. When I try to start a new project, nothing happens. I don't get the other tabs to work. I've tried re-installing and still had the same problem. gsMapper and gsAssembler seem to work just fine. Has anyone else had this problem? BTW, I have Java 1.6.0_20 which may cause the problem?
                  Last edited by aligenie; 03-30-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

The amplicons_CLI_2.5.3.i686.tgz package was missing from the installation how-to steps 6 and 7. Including it made gsAmplicon to start.

Comment

Thanks to the Roche programmers I have been in misery for two days trying to start gsAmplicon project... Here is what I have figured out.

I have not been able to run it on Ubuntu, but I have installed CentOS v.6.0 from LiveCD under the Oracle VM Virtual Box. Make sure when you create RedHat 64-bit virtual machine to allocate generous amount of RAM (I put 8Gb out of 16Gb that I have), otherwise installation will not run. After installing the CentOS in the virtual machine I have also installed JDK through package manager (System->Administration->Add/Remove Software -> Find "JDK" -> install OpenJDK Runtime Environment), but my guess this step is not necessary. What is essential is to install packages mandatory for the Roche software by typing

>su
                      #yum install zlib.i686 libXi.i686 libXtst.i686 libXaw.i686

The packages zlib.i386 libXi.i386 libXtst.i386 libXaw.i386 are no longer available through yum. Under Ubuntu yum can't find these packages. After installing these prerequisites gs Amplicon Variant Analyzer runs like a charm.

Happy variant finding!

Comment

Like the earlier post of jvhaarst in this thread the installer works just fine in recent ubuntu x64 versions. Make sure you can use a gui (remote or local xserver).
                        Apply the fixes listed here also for the rocks problem. This did it all ok for me on several machines.

start X console/server
                        $sudo ./setup.sh
                        warnings gtk pixmap
                        error unable to locate lspci in /sbin

Fix:
                        $sudo aptitude update
                        $sudo aptitude install pxmap
                        $which lspci
                        ->/usr/bin
                        $sudo ln -s /usr/bin/lspci /sbin/lspci

Error: finding rocks 2>$1
                        Fix: create symlink
                        $sudo ln -s /bin/true /sbin/rocks
                        Run sudo ./setup.sh ==> goes to installer gui

Comment

Thanks for the installation instructions, if you have java installed you need to make a link to /bin/java
                          to make it run:
                          $ which java
                          /usr/local/bin/jre1.6.0_24/bin/java
                          /bin$ sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/jre1.6.0_24/bin/java ./

Comment

Originally posted by rad View Post
                            Assuming you have a bin directory in your $HOME, and its in your $PATH

ln -s /bin/true ~/bin/rocks

then run the installer.
                            this approach helped me install newbler 2.6 on ubuntu. thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by JakobSJ View Post
                              this approach helped me install newbler 2.6 on ubuntu. thank you!
                              Hello,

We are currently trying to install Newbler and the other packages (2.6 update) on Ubuntu. This thread helped us a lot, however we are still encountering one big issue.

During the gsRunProcessor installation, we have this error showing up :

[16:33:23] rpm -U /opt/maj/maj_2.6/DataProcessing_2.6_All/packages/gsReporter-2.6-1.x86_64.rpm

rpm: RPM should not be used directly install RPM packages, use Alien instead!
                              rpm: However assuming you know what you are doing...
                              attention: /opt/maj/maj_2.6/DataProcessing_2.6_All/packages/gsReporter-2.6-1.x86_64.rpm: Entête V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID e50b562c: NOKEY
                              erreur: Dépendances requises:
                              /bin/sh est nécessaire pour gsReporter-2.6-1.x86_64

Basically, it says that it can't find /bin/sh on our system. That's because rpm can't check on ubuntu which package is installed and which is not. We found the solution "use the rpm command with the --nodeps option", but we can't modify the setup.sh script (binary file).

How did you do to solve this problem ?
                              Thank you so much, we are desperate to install the whole GS analysis package properly !!

Comment

This post may solve us a long headaching problem. Thanks!!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses