Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Suggestions for Minion Mk1c

Hi,

We are looking to buy a computer since our IT department figured it'll be easier this way. I was wondering what type of computer system has worked best for you? We are currently in the looks of doing single cell genomics and cDNA analysis. It would be nice to know the general scope of how everyone is using nanopore (for what purpose) and which type of computer has worked best for it. Thank you in advance!

I assume you mean Mk1b; the Mk1c is a single enclosed unit, including sequencer, screen, and computer.

There are two must-haves for a MinION sequencing computer: an NVIDIA GPU graphics card, and SSD storage.

The GPU caller is hundreds to thousands of times quicker than the CPU caller, which is essential if you want to do more than one sequencing run every couple of weeks. See Miles Benton's GPU benchmark pages for information on what GPU cards work well enough for doing adaptive sequencing (i.e. selection of reads while sequencing is happening). If all you need to do is basecall after a run is finished (as all the other sequencers on the market do), then pretty much any new NVIDIA GPU card will do.

The SSD card is needed because of the throughput of the device. It's not happy if reads can't be written quickly to disk.

Comment

POINTS TO BE CONSIDERED WHILE BUYING A REFURBISHED LAPTOP
      1. LOOK THE LAPTOP OVER CAREFULLY
      2. GO WITH A BUDGET
      3. ANALYSE THE BATTERY’S LIFE
      4. TRY TO COMPARE THE DETAILS
      5. CHECK THE OPERATING SYSTEM
      6. VERIFY THAT YOU ARE RECEIVING THE GREATEST OFFER POSSIBLE

Saving money is one thing when you buy a refurbished laptop. But another thing is its multiple benefits. Therefore, while buying any used laptop, you need to know the seller and the location. There are many dealers now availing offers just like the Eazypc. They also deal in refurbished laptops in all over India. You can connect and enquire about your choice of laptop. So, clear all your confusion and buy what is perfect for you.

Comment

Working...
      X