No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNP Analysis Tools for SOLiD

Hi all,

I've just completed sequencing and aligning data from 200 patients and was wondering if what would be the best SNP calling tools to use for this data? Currently I'm using CRISP and Syzygy as those are what my colleagues are using but, unless I'm mistaken, these were designed to call SNPs from data arising from Illumina reads and don't use the colour space data from the SOLiD reads. I have also been recommended GATK but as far as I am aware that is only for single genome SNP calling.
    So, if anyone knows of a good SNP calling tool for SOLiD I would be really grateful for any help! If it helps I've divided my patients up into 4 pools of 50 patients each.

Thanks!

dibayes was their internal recommended caller i believe. i'm not sure if it's still hosted.

Comment

yeah, i normally use dibayes, it's part of the lifescope package (http://www.lifetechnologies.com/glob...-software.html).
      You can also use other tools, such as samtools mpileup (http://samtools.sourceforge.net/mpileup.shtml), but use lifescope for mapping and carry on using its output (bam-files). The bam files are in basespace.

Comment

Originally posted by chrnlng View Post
        Hi all,

I've just completed sequencing and aligning data from 200 patients and was wondering if what would be the best SNP calling tools to use for this data? Currently I'm using CRISP and Syzygy as those are what my colleagues are using but, unless I'm mistaken, these were designed to call SNPs from data arising from Illumina reads and don't use the colour space data from the SOLiD reads. I have also been recommended GATK but as far as I am aware that is only for single genome SNP calling.
        So, if anyone knows of a good SNP calling tool for SOLiD I would be really grateful for any help! If it helps I've divided my patients up into 4 pools of 50 patients each.

Thanks!
        What did you use to align the data?
        The aligner that SOLiD typically comes with does SNP calling as well.
        Researchers use Applied Biosystems integrated systems for sequencing, flow cytometry, and real-time, digital and end point PCR—from sample prep to data analysis.

Comment

You can use GATK for this.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses