Please tell me the sequence of the adapter of MPL and MPR of Mate-Paired.
I would also like to have a biotin position.
I want to ligate another adapter to blunt-end after ligation the MP adapter.
I'm worried biotin will drop from the adapter by blunt-end.
thanks
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
-
Dear yksikaksi,
thanks for your quick reply, and I finally make myself clear about this queation, the P1adapter is fixed on the beads, so the sequence of the 5'-end of the P1 was what I want. Thanks again. best regards.
Leave a comment:
-
Dear dongyongdong,Originally posted by dongyongdong View Posthello yksikaksi, I noticed you knew many about the SOLiD, so I think maybe you can help me out of my problem: do you know the sequence of the sequencing primer complemented with the P1 adapter, I want to know which of the chains in the dsDNA was binded to the beads, if you know this, could you please reply as soon as possible, thank you very much.
Perhaps you could have a look on this post of this thread.
Leave a comment:
-
hello yksikaksi, I noticed you knew many about the SOLiD, so I think maybe you can help me out of my problem: do you know the sequence of the sequencing primer complemented with the P1 adapter, I want to know which of the chains in the dsDNA was binded to the beads, if you know this, could you please reply as soon as possible, thank you very much.
Leave a comment:
-
Oo , I am also curious about the MPL and MPR adaptor, esp it contains a "mysterious" blocking oligo during the circulization step according to the protocol, is there anybody can tell me their "tricks"???
thanks a lot!
Leave a comment:
-
Hi chiara,
I do not think there should be any NNNNN in SOLiD mate pair adapters. But you would need to explain what you mean by:
What exactly did you sequence? That is what did you prime your sequencing reaction with and what were your results?I've tried to sequence the IA by Sanger technologies
--
Phillip
Leave a comment:
-
Dear Phillip,
I'm quite conscious on the SOLiD mate pair library, the steps and the structure of the mate (p1-insert-mpl-mpr-insert-p2) .. it's about one year I'm trying to improve the robustness of the method. Belong to my experience the protocol of the mp isn't satisfactory and mainly replicable.
SO, I'm trying to find other way to overcame some steps that in my opinion are limiting. The circularization is one of these points. The problem to circularize DNA is that the IA (in the 5500 xl is formed by mpr and mpl) contains part of the ligation site for the annealing in sequencing. Therefore, the importance of knowing the IA sequence ( and it is irreplaceable).
I was interested in that post, because you (or someone else) wrote the IA sequence with a string of NNNNN. I thought that my sanger sequence on the IA was with a double signal (2 picks) because of the NNNNN string.
I'm not sure if it's more clear my question on the Mpl Mpr sequence!
thanks for your answers
chiara
Leave a comment:
-
The IA (Internal Adapter) is a "center adapter" in SOLiD mate-pair library construction--the one that attaches the two ends of the large DNA fragment into a circle. I don't want to descend into the depths of mate-pair library construction here, but you end up with:Originally posted by koala View PostI'm not sure to understand ... the IA you're speaking about..is the IA given from the hybridization of MPL and MPR adaptors? because I've tried to sequence the IA by Sanger technologies and what I found is that I can read correctly the first bases and the lasts, but in the middle the sequence is a "double-seq"!!
THANKS chiara
adapter P1-insert1-IA-insert2-adapter P2
, where the inserts are either end of the same long DNA fragment. You prime one read from inside IA, and the other from P1.
For their bar coding strategy for fragment libraries, ABI decided to re-purpose the mate-pair structure:
adapter P1-insert-IA-BC-adapter P2
Then you get your bar code read from the IA-primed read.
I think you are right, in the most recent iteration of ABI's mate pair library construction kit, the IA would be formed by the hybridization of MPL and MPR. They used to just have a double-stranded internal adapter that allowed circularization via a ligation.
--
Phillip
Leave a comment:
-
I'm not sure to understand ... the IA you're speaking about..is the IA given from the hybridization of MPL and MPR adaptors? because I've tried to sequence the IA by Sanger technologies and what I found is that I can read correctly the first bases and the lasts, but in the middle the sequence is a "double-seq"!!
THANKS chiara
Leave a comment:
-
Ah, I get it now.Originally posted by aushev View PostSorry, I didn't make it clear - I meant that TGGC is only in internal adapter, not in this one. Adaptors from the ligation mix are marked in red/magenta.
Thanks for your post. I got the extensive patent documentation. I have not carefully read it, but it looks very interesting. ECO had mentioned elsewhere how useful these could be, but I'd never checked for myself.
I am not understanding the motivations for companies to be so secretive about information disclosed publicly in their patent applications. What is up with that?
--
Phillip
Leave a comment:
-
And this is how they can be aligned to known P1 and internal adapters mentioned in post #2:
P1 Adapter:
1) 5' -------CC ACTACGCCTCCGC TTTCCTCTCTATGGGCAGTCGGTGAT
2) 3' -----TTGG TGATGCGGAGGCG AAAGGAGAGATACCCGTCAGCCACTA NNNNNN
Internal Adapter
3) 5' --------CGTACAtCCGCCTTGGCCGTACAGCAG
4) 3' ------TGGCNNNNNNGCGGAACCGGCATGTCGTC
Leave a comment:
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
41 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
47 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
38 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|

Leave a comment: