Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLiD denovo: contigs corrupted after conversion from double-encoding to nucleotide

Hello.

I use SOLiD de novo pipeline (http://solidsoftwaretools.com/gf/project/denovo/) to assemble bacterial genome.
    I use Mummerplot for proof-mapping the resulting contigs to reference genome. Double-encoded contigs (contigs.de) look OK. However, after they are converted to base-space by ASiD utility, they break apart into small pieces, see figures. Single contig is double-encoded, while multiple fragments are what it turns into in base-space.

Anybody has a suggestion on how to cure this problem?

PS: I tried older version of SOLiD pipeline (denovo_preprocessor_solid + velvet + denovo_postprocessor_solid + denovoadp) and the base-space contigs were uncorrupted. However, it is much slower, so I'd still like to fix the latest denovo tool.
    Attached Files

Dear Alex8,
    did you solve the problem? I want to assemble color space with velvet and don't know how to do it.
    thanks

Comment

Hi,
      I downloaded denovo2.2 version which seems to have the bug fixed.
      however, solid software tools site is retired now - if you don't find it anywhere else, can send you the distr.

Comment

I stumbled across SOPRA recently, which might be helpful for you guys.

It contains the denovo scripts from Solid Software Tools as well.

Comment

CLC Genomics Workbench has a two week free trial...

Comment

I'm not convinced yet CLC is the best solution for de novo assembly of colour space reads. Sure, it's easy, fast and it maps reads back to contigs to attempt to eliminate indel/colour errors....
            but most contigs seemed were under 1000bp.

It appears that the CS Velvet is capable of building longer contigs > 1000bp.

(Solid 5500xl, 75bp single end reads)

I can't quantify yet but will do when we get results back for a range of settings.

Comment

Are you using the base space fastq data provided by the 5500? or the color space csfasta? otherwise how are you being able to use Columbus? Since my data came from SOLiD 4 I don't have any base space data.
              thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses