Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Alex8
    Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 10

    #1

    SOLiD denovo: contigs corrupted after conversion from double-encoding to nucleotide

    Hello.

    I use SOLiD de novo pipeline (http://solidsoftwaretools.com/gf/project/denovo/) to assemble bacterial genome.
    I use Mummerplot for proof-mapping the resulting contigs to reference genome. Double-encoded contigs (contigs.de) look OK. However, after they are converted to base-space by ASiD utility, they break apart into small pieces, see figures. Single contig is double-encoded, while multiple fragments are what it turns into in base-space.

    Anybody has a suggestion on how to cure this problem?

    PS: I tried older version of SOLiD pipeline (denovo_preprocessor_solid + velvet + denovo_postprocessor_solid + denovoadp) and the base-space contigs were uncorrupted. However, it is much slower, so I'd still like to fix the latest denovo tool.
    Attached Files
  • pepperoni
    Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 59

    #2
    Dear Alex8,
    did you solve the problem? I want to assemble color space with velvet and don't know how to do it.
    thanks

    Comment

    • Alex8
      Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 10

      #3
      Hi,
      I downloaded denovo2.2 version which seems to have the bug fixed.
      however, solid software tools site is retired now - if you don't find it anywhere else, can send you the distr.

      Comment

      • colindaven
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2008
        • 417

        #4
        I stumbled across SOPRA recently, which might be helpful for you guys.

        It contains the denovo scripts from Solid Software Tools as well.

        Comment

        • cement_head
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 265

          #5
          CLC Genomics Workbench has a two week free trial...

          Comment

          • colindaven
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 417

            #6
            I'm not convinced yet CLC is the best solution for de novo assembly of colour space reads. Sure, it's easy, fast and it maps reads back to contigs to attempt to eliminate indel/colour errors....
            but most contigs seemed were under 1000bp.

            It appears that the CS Velvet is capable of building longer contigs > 1000bp.

            (Solid 5500xl, 75bp single end reads)

            I can't quantify yet but will do when we get results back for a range of settings.

            Comment

            • pepperoni
              Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 59

              #7
              Are you using the base space fastq data provided by the 5500? or the color space csfasta? otherwise how are you being able to use Columbus? Since my data came from SOLiD 4 I don't have any base space data.
              thanks

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                Yesterday, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
              0 responses
              10 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              32 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              27 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              48 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...