Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WGA Amplification for ChIP samples prior to Seq?

Hi,

I am working with small cell number ChIP-seq, and was wondering if anyone has any experience doing a WGA or similar after the ChIP step, before going on to make the library and seq?

I have tried doing the Illumina PCR amplification protocol after attaching the adapters, but it results in a lot of bias based on size and GC content, which for small samples basically kills the specificity of the experiment.

I'm considering the WGA kit from Sigma... any experience/guesses on whether that might work better? I'm also open to other kits people have used.

Thanks in advance!

Can you tell me what sort of bias towards GC content you are seeing?

Comment

Basically the GC rich sequences will be over-represented. It has been published here:

Comment

Don't think they used wga but you may want to check this protocol:

Comment

I don't have any experience with small cell numbers. Are you pulling down a histone modification or a TF? The only publications I have seen using low cell numbers (10,000 cells) and successful ChIP-seq were using antibodies against histones. Has anyone sequenced a ChIP-seq library from a TF and low cell numbers?

Comment

check this out...
            Single-tube linear DNA amplification for genome-wide studies using a few thousand cells.
            Shankaranarayanan P, Mendoza-Parra MA, van Gool W, Trindade LM, Gronemeyer H.
            Nat Protoc. 2012 Jan 26;7(2):328-38. doi: 10.1038/nprot.2011.447.
            Nat Methods. 2011 Jun 5;

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
            0 responses