Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • miu007
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 4

    #1

    RNA fragmentation

    Hello all,

    I am new to here and RNA-Seq. So I need some help.

    I am working on optimizing the RNA fragmentation conditions with NEBNext RNA Fragmentation Buffer. I want to do 100 Paired end sequencing. Therefore I would like to generate 200-300bp fragments. However, I did not see any difference between incubating mRNA for 3mins and 5mins. The fragments are all less than 200bp, peaked at around 150bp. Is there anyone who also use this buffer for fragmentation? Can you share some tips on this? Much appreciated.
  • kcchan
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 186

    #2
    Are you looking at the RNA size before or after the RNEasy cleanup? If it's after the cleanup it might be that your cleanup step is removing a lot of the longer fragments.

    Comment

    • miu007
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 4

      #3
      Thanks for your reply. The RNA was analyzed after cleanup. I used ethanol precipitation. It's supposed to retain all the fragments, right?

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Yesterday, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      30 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      25 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      46 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
      1 response
      55 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...