Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total RNAseq library - artifact levels up to 95% with clear pattern on 96 well plate

I have (very complex) artifact levels up to 95% in my total RNAseq data.
    Some facts:
    - NEB Ultra 2 Library prep
    - 96 samples per plate, multiple plates
    - plates show a clear left to right column wise increase in artifact levels with each plate getting worse (prepped in sequence)
    - the libraries with the highest rates of artifacts also produced the highest concentration of library and some had to be diluted to be able to quantify and pool them
    - the library complexity and size of fragments is fine - no over representation of specific sequences
    - representation within the pool is fine, each sample produces expected read numbers
    - no alignment to other species / lab bacteria / vectors…
    - no alignment of smaller pieces (36bp) of the reads
    - very elevated GC content

here are my thoughts (bioinfo background, no hands on lab experience):
    The strong pattern on the 96-well plate suggests a machine as the source of the problem to me. The machine may have gotten worse during the course of the prep (plate 1 is actually fine, last plate is largely unusable). The content of the library is largely not of transcriptions origin, which can only be introduced during cDNA generation, right?

-> could this be due to a faulty heat distribution of the PCR block which leads to very wild constructs generated by random priming? It seems super unlikely to me that this would generate the observed level of complexity.

I am very grateful for any pointers!

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    Yesterday, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses