Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • airun78
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2014
    • 4

    #1

    SriptSeq library preparation

    Hi,

    I am very new to RNA-seq. I have tried making libraries from 5 samples: 3 from eukaryotic RNA and 2 from bacterial RNA. The starting material was quite similar for the eukaryotic samples in terms of good RIN and good RNA concentration, and for the bacterial samples (low RIN and low concentration) but only one sample of each kind of worked and I don't understand why. I am attaching some BioAnalyzer results for each sample (total RNA, rRNA depleted and purified library). Samples 1-3 are the eukaryotic RNA and samples 4 and 5 are the bacterial RNA. One problem I can see is that I have adapter-dimer contamination in all the samples. I used the AMPure beads, I've read quite a lot about it now here so may try varying the proportion sample:beads although I followed the protocol suggested in the ScripSeq kit.

    We thought that the problem could be the fragmentation step, so we fragmented samples 1 and 3 and run them on the BioAnalyzer before and after fragmentation and we can't see anything after fragmentation (see attached file). The big peak at 25 nt is the cDNA primer.

    Anyone with experience with this kit have any suggestions? I already tried epicentre tech support.

    Many thanks
    Attached Files
  • vadoue
    Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 20

    #2
    Hi,

    I am happy to read you since I have exactly the same problem... I used others library kits before and I never got any primer-dimer contamination. This time I used ScriptSeq and I have an extra peak at exactly 136 bp in all my samples (and maybe another at 172 bp but I can't really see it due to the overlap with my library fragments). I am surprized since usually people say that primer dimer contamination is 120 bp. Is you extra peak also at 136 bp? I will interested to see any reply here... Good luck!
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • vadoue
      Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 20

      #3
      It seems that a second Ampure purification step (1:1) worked for me to removed most primer-dimers. You should use less adaptors in your protocol. In your bioanalyser profile, the contamination is so huge that you can't even see your library profile (which could be good). If you use a new Ampure purification step, be carefull to quantify the exact volume in each tube to have the exact 1:1 ratio with beads to remove specifically everything below 200bp. Good luck!
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • airun78
        Junior Member
        • Jun 2014
        • 4

        #4
        Thanks vadoue, I'll try a second Ampure purification step.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        11 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        34 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        28 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        48 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...